New to scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cclark149

I apologize in advance since this post is a little long. I’m not sure if this is the right area to post or not. I have the uniden home patrol 2. I’m new to this scanner as well as scanners in general. It says that it’s a digital scanner. It does receive a lot of calls coming in from LMPD, Jeffersontown etc in my area. My question is how do I set it up to receive calls from Clark county or Floyd county ems, police and Fire in Indiana? It’s a little bit different from the other scanners I’ve used before. One of the scanner frequencies says it’s DMR. Is this scanner capable of picking up this certain frequency? I tried putting in the code for it but when it stops on that frequency it’s barely audible. However, you can hear people talking but over static. Am I doing something wrong?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
One of the scanner frequencies says it’s DMR. Is this scanner capable of picking up this certain frequency?
Hi & welcome to RR! Unfortunately your scanner does not support DMR.

While I'm not from the area I can tell you that if the database is accurate, your scanner should receive the counties you mentioned without issue. Clark and Floyd County appear to utilize this trunked radio system for Law Enforcement, Fire & EMS operations, all look like they're in the clear. (not encrypted) Someone from the area will probably chime in eventually to confirm or deny this. Welcome to the hobby!

I'd suggest reading over your scanner's manual if you have it or the easier to read manual here to familiarize yourself with programming the radio using Uniden Sentinel

Last edited:

Cclark149

I hope you don't mind me asking but do you happen to know which scanners are capable of supporting DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.