BC125AT: New to scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aukie

My quick story : there was a fire i town 7 acres about a mile away and we did not know about it until the neighbor knocked on our door. So i now own a BC125at scanner . I thought i followed the instruction to receive basic fire and sheriff guess not ... Can some one help me learn how to get this thing to work. What may be simple to users can be greek to this old lady .. thanks

mule1075

Feed Provider
My quick story : there was a fire i town 7 acres about a mile away and we did not know about it until the neighbor knocked on our door. So i now own a BC125at scanner . I thought i followed the instruction to receive basic fire and sheriff guess not ... Can some one help me learn how to get this thing to work. What may be simple to users can be greek to this old lady .. thanks
Need your Location so we can see what radio systems are in the area.

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Instructions where? Your county looks analog so there shouldn't be much to it. Have you read the owner's manual to familiarize yourself with how to program the scanner? Are you using software to program or by hand?
Well she can Thumb Bump in the frequencies and tag them or Use the Software.
These things are not off the shelf ready to go.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The ham radio community calls someone who sits down with you and helps an “Elmer”. That’s what is needed here. I would ask on the regional forums and learn if there was someone local who is willing to help. Or, maybe someone here would be willing to offer online? I don’t have that model so I’m not the best choice to help. I’ve helped a local vision impaired individual program his SDS100. Of course, in this case, the need for “hands-on” or I should say “eyes-on”assistance was apparent.

Aukie

Instructions where? Your county looks analog so there shouldn't be much to it. Have you read the owner's manual to familiarize yourself with how to program the scanner? Are you using software to program or by hand?
The manual is 60+ pages it is so full if info i forget much of what i read .. i found a online Uniden video Uniden BC125AT Scanner ... did my best to follow the video...

will downloading the software be simpler ?

KEWB-N1EXA

I have the page thought i had those frequencies loaded in the scanner i hear nothing.
Can you get the local NOAA weather frequency?
That would be a good place to start for reception.

KEWB-N1EXA

I am sure there is not much to it BUT i am still lost
Ok
If you loaded say 10 frequencies on ch 1 through 10
They would be in bank 1.
Can you get bank 1 to scan ?
i think you need to understand how channels and banks work in the 125.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Aukie, I am a visual guy and I like to see how its done. I would suggest searching Youtube for one of the man "How to " videos that show you. Here's a basic one.
. There a number of others. I hope this helps. Let us know if this gets you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.