HP-2: New to scanning and my new HP-2. Want to listen to South King Fire & Rescue, 153.9500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renomike

Premium Subscriber
New to scanning and my new HP-2. Want to listen to South King Fire & Rescue, 153.9500. Can find it on RadioReference site but can’t find it in Sentinel data. Is it hiding somewhere or can I add this frequency to my Sentinel data base, if yes how?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything in Radio Reference for South King and I don't see anything in Radio Reference on 153.9500 in the state of Washington.

Renomike

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback. Here is where I found them in Radio Reference Data went to WA, King County, FCC Lic. Tab, Display all Lic., Page 11, scroll down to South King Fire & Rescue. Shouldn't I be able to monitor these frequencies on my HP-2?

freqseeker

Thanks for the feedback. Here is where I found them in Radio Reference Data went to WA, King County, FCC Lic. Tab, Display all Lic., Page 11, scroll down to South King Fire & Rescue. Shouldn't I be able to monitor these frequencies on my HP-2?
See post #2 by @Railbender they are dispatched by Valley Communications. Scroll towards the bottom of the link and look for Valley Communications talkgroups. They are dispatched on ValleyCom Fire 1. They will be told to switch to the other talkgroups depending on the type of call. Fire 2 will be aid, Fire 3 will be fire and so on.
These talkgroups are used for all ValleyCom fire agencies so you can't just listen to South King Fire and Rescue in Federal Way. You will hear dispatches for Renton, Kent, etc....
You will want to listen for the 60 series units. Here's a list of their fire stations. South King Fire
I don't monitor fire much as I don't want to hear all the other agencies calls.
I live in Federal Way, if you need further help PM me or post in the Washington forums. I don't have a HP2 so I don't have that version of Sentinel.
As for 153.950, that is the old VHF frequency.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you know or suspect they are using a frequency that is not included in the Radio Reference Database you can create a Favorites List and add that channel to it. Remember that the RR Database does not include all licensed channels, only those reported as verified by scanner users.

If you verify the use of the channel please be sure to submit it to the database so that others can gain from your discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.