New to Scanning: LAPD and a BC785D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjadan

Hello all!

My father has been a Fireman/Paramedic for the better part of 33 years, so I've grown up with a scanner always on in the house. Recently my dad hooked me up with my first scanner, a used Uniden BC785D. I was wondering if it will work with the LAPD (specifically North Hollywood) feed?

I'm reading everything I can and trying to learn about scanning, but it's a bit overwhelming. I know the 785 won't do 9600, and as long as I can pull in LAPD, I don't think that's a concern (yet). Is there a resource for the 785 I can delve in to?

Thank you all!

jewie27

Yes with the Digital Card upgrade

APCO 25 Digital Ready - Requires the installation of Uniden's BCi 25D Digital Card in order to monitor APCO P-25 Digital Systems,

Radio_Lady

APCO 25 Digital Ready - Requires the installation of Uniden's BCi 25D Digital Card in order to monitor APCO P-25 Digital Systems,
The BCi 25D card can be hard to find these days, even online. I see one on eBay for over $120.00 :( It was required to decode digital in Uniden's first generation of digital scanners, the 785D and 250D.

You might want to check at Ham Radio Outlet in Burbank, at 1525 W Magnolia. It's a longshot, and not listed as in-stock on their website, but they carried it when it first came out and might have one still laying around. If Eric Christensen is still the manager there, he's been into scanning for many, many years and may be able to help you.

You don't need the card for LAFD, LACoFD or LASO. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.