New to Scanning--Need Help with Auto-Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlrock

Hello. My dad bought me a Uniden BC95XLT for Christmas. After spending much time tonight I have figured out the basics and even got some of my local channels programmed into the banks. However, I can't seem to figure out how to make it auto-scan?? The user manual says to press Func + Src which "starts chain searching or resumes search." However when I do that, it shows me my Bank 1 and 25.000. I programmed 9 channels into my first bank so I don't understand why it is doing this. The only way I can access my programmed channels is to hit Scan and keep hitting it until it cycles through them. I just want to sit here and have the scanner auto-scan until it hits a good transmission. The manual does say that it has this capability. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I Googled the problem first and couldn't find any info!

dougr1252

It sounds like the squelch is not turned up far enough to scan. Do you hear a rushing noise on any of the channels? Turn the squelch control until the noise stops. Page 33, 35 and 36 in the manual talk about this setting.

girlrock

That was it! Thank you sooo much. I still don't understand what the squelch is but I figured I had to have it all the way up. I turned it down now :) Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.