new to scanning using a psr500

Status
Not open for further replies.

edz1179

Can anyone help me?
I am a new user to scanning and recevied a PSR500 scanner from my kids on black friday.
First can the scanner receive Police channels, I am located in the Hamilton ontario ( Canada ) area.
If yes can, I be directed to the correct freq to use , and how to set up the scanner.
any and all help would be gratefull. ed

captclint

Mentor
Can anyone help me?
I am a new user to scanning and recevied a PSR500 scanner from my kids on black friday.
First can the scanner receive Police channels, I am located in the Hamilton ontario ( Canada ) area.
If yes can, I be directed to the correct freq to use , and how to set up the scanner.
any and all help would be gratefull. ed
Welcome to RR. Here is the database for your area: Hamilton County Hamilton Police Service (Intelligence) can not be monitored, but Hamilton City of Hamilton emergency is a trunk system that can be monitored. Don't overlook the County Quick Jump. I think your best bet is to ask the folks here Ontario - The RadioReference.com Forums out of all the things in the database, what you can expect to monitor 1st. Then, it might be helpful if you got some software to help you program. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software

Once you know what you can monitor,what you want to monitor, you can use the software to automatically download from this web site, and generally set up your scanner without much effort. You would need to become a paid subscriber to this site to get the automatic down loads, but this is also very reasonable($7.5 for 3 months). This can save you countless hours of programming and frustration.

You may also find this reference helpful: http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml

Last edited:

edz1179

thanks for reply sorry late in replying back

thanks for all the leads.....I work retail and this is a very busy time ( reason for late response)

have started checking them out thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.