New to scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpost02

Thanks!

I am definitely using the ARMER system and all of the Fire channels work. Last night I deleted all of the ARMER sites other than Ramsey and Washington county which led to hearing a couple police transmissions but not all of them. Taking out the other sites also really helped he signal strength overall. Not sure if that means anything.

When I get home from work I'll transfer and zip my favorites list and post it.

tpost02

Favorite Lists

Alright, here is a piped folder of 3 lists.

White Bear Lake - consists of white bear fire and police (only Ramsey & Washington county ARMER Sites)
White Bearm police - Only the WBL police channel (only Ramsey & Washington counter ARMER Sites)
White Bear Lake 2 - White bear lake channels with all ARMER sites included (I have yet to get a transmission when all sites are included.

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need any info.

Attachments

• Favorite Lists.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 16

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
See if this helps.

I've included only those sites surrounding your area just on chance WBL PD jumps over to them. You could try Avoiding them one by one to fine tune what is needed for your immediate area. (The one list you had with all sites was way too much - your scanner was trying to listen to East Grand Forks, etc. which used up time).

I set the Ramsey Simulcast site's attenuator On. You might be in just the right spot for simulcast distortion which could be an issue. If that's not helpful, turn it to Off.

Also left a good number of Ramsey talkgroups, which you can use for test purposes. If you get them, you "should" get WBL PD unless something is reall funky. You can later Avoid that Department.

Lastly I put in state interoperability and local interop. Some good stuff happens there.

Of course you can either delete or Avoid the Departments you don't desire.

Also had access to some Unit IDs which I included. Unfortunately no WBL stuff, but some may be of interest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.