BCD325P2/BCD996P2: New to scanning

Just purchased the BCD996P2

I’ve programmed in NXDN channels and scan, while scanning it’ll stop like someone is talking but I hear nothing. Speaker works as I’ve been able to hear weather but when going back to scanning I hear nothing at all.

Any info or help greatly appreciated!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you purchase the NXDN upgrade? Are the channels conventional or trunked? Please let us know exactly what you are trying to program.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi Zack
Welcome to RadioReference.

In order for someone to help you effectively, please advise your location-city (or county) and state.
Also, please add either a link to the database page for what you are trying to monitor, or at least the name of the system.

Also, are you using software to program, or entering details via the keypad.

trying to program in Police, Fire, EMS dispatch along with police interop. Unfortunately I believe all those channels are encrypted as it stays mode is NXDNE.

As for having upgrade key, yes I did purchase upgrade key and apply it.

Hi Zack
Welcome to RadioReference.

In order for someone to help you effectively, please advise your location-city (or county) and state.
Also, please add either a link to the database page for what you are trying to monitor, or at least the name of the system.

Also, are you using software to program, or entering details via the keypad.
www.radioreference.com

Franklin County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference for Franklin County, Kentucky (KY)
www.radioreference.com

trying to program in Police, Fire, EMS dispatch along with police interop. Unfortunately I believe all those channels are encrypted as it stays mode is NXDNE.

As for having upgrade key, yes I did purchase upgrade key and apply it.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
OUCH! I always hate to see fully encrypted fire. This is unfortunately becoming the new normal for law enforcement but it's rare to see "full-E" for fire. But yes, everything ID'ed NXDNE is indeed fully encrypted and therefore you won't be able to pick it up even with the paid upgrade. Sorry. With that said, welcome to the RR forums, time to expand your listening horizons to get the most out of the hobby (aviation, rail, amateur radio, etc)

Last edited: