new to SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

my laptop has 8gb RAM and 1Tb HD so i would think i have ample resources to run this

satboy8888

my laptop has 8gb RAM and 1Tb HD so i would think i have ample resources to run this
It's processor and ram that count most. If you record to mp3, you can store loads of transmissions in minimal space requirements.

trauts14

bharvey2 do you have a link for what i might need? the rtl-sdr link via amazon says the item is out of stock.

satboy8888

bharvey2 do you have a link for what i might need? the rtl-sdr link via amazon says the item is out of stock.
Please be wary of anything but the two links previously mentioned by another user in this thread. These units are small, cheap and relatively easy to knock off. There are a lot of less then reputable units out there for purchase. Be patient and use a known good seller, for your benefit.

bharvey2

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
go figure....the txco kit with antennas is out of stock and the dongle alone is out of stock. can anyone suggest any stateside places selling the dongle(s)?

Yeah, you can still purchase from the rtl-sdr.com Worldwide Store in China. The Worldwide store took about a week the last time I placed an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.