New to SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

Hello,
I am new to sdr and need help please.
What I am trying to accomplish is between 450-470 mhz in my area are dozens of DMR channels.
I need the color codes, slots, and talk groups for each channel.
What is the easiest way I can accomplish this?
What programs will I need.

Thank You

LimaZulu

If those frequencies are not in the RR database just use DSDPlus. Free version is enough for what you want.

minasha

If those frequencies are not in the RR database just use DSDPlus. Free version is enough for what you want.
I just downloaded DSD plus and VBcable, If I order a RTL-SDR dongle will I have what I need to receive DMR,

sadatoni

Premium Subscriber
You'll need an sdr program such as SDR# (aka SDRSharp) to tune to the frequencies and send the audio out to VBCable. SDR# even has a plugin for DSDPlus to configure and start it if you want to install that. I use this from a batch file to start it (you'll have to adjust the -i (input) and -o (output) to fit with what DSDPlus says for your audio in and out) for use with SDRuno:

dsdplus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i2 -o1 -g0 -u3 -dr0 -dh0 -ds64 -dd10 -dv20 -M15 -fr

When I run that, part of what I see is this, which shows what audio input and put numbers are available and used:

audio input device #1 = 'Microphone (ManyCam Virtual Mic'
audio input device #2 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual '
audio input device #3 = 'Capture Input terminal (AC Inte'
audio input device #4 = 'Microphone (DroidCam Virtual Au'
audio input device #5 = 'Microphone (USB Audio Device)'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definiti'
audio output device #2 = 'Speakers (USB Audio Device)'
audio output device #3 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'

audio input device #2 (CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual ) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers (Realtek High Definiti) initialized

LimaZulu

I just downloaded DSD plus and VBcable, If I order a RTL-SDR dongle will I have what I need to receive DMR,
You can either use rtl-sdr dongle or an analog scanner with discrimitator output as you need to feed dsd plus with unfiltered audio

I'm sorry but what is "FMP TCP"
FMP is the software that control your sdr and it uses TCP connection to feed DSDPlus with audio

minasha

You can either use rtl-sdr dongle or an analog scanner with discrimitator output as you need to feed dsd plus with unfiltered audio

FMP is the software that control your sdr and it uses TCP connection to feed DSDPlus with audio
If I use an analog scanner's discriminator output how do i actually feed that to the computer that has DSD plus

LimaZulu

If I use an analog scanner's discriminator output how do i actually feed that to the computer that has DSD plus

Through a mic in or line in port of your sound card and just let DSDPlus to listen to the same port you plugged in the scanner.
But first of all take a look at this site Discriminator Output
It has all the info to modify your scanner. So if you have one laying around and the modification is possible - give it a try. But if you don't have a scanner or you are afraid to do the mod just give your 7 bucks to some random chinese seller and you are in the game. You can never go wrong with that.

minasha

Through a mic in or line in port of your sound card and just let DSDPlus to listen to the same port you plugged in the scanner.
It has all the info to modify your scanner. So if you have one laying around and the modification is possible - give it a try. But if you don't have a scanner or you are afraid to do the mod just give your 7 bucks to some random chinese seller and you are in the game. You can never go wrong with that.
[/QUOI
My old scanner isn't working anymore. If I get an RTL SDR does that get plugged into the sound card the same way?

minasha

I modified the scanner I plugged the unfiltered discrim tap to the input of my sound card, turned on dsd plus I see audio on the graph and when I tune in a DMR channel the event log shows Tg and slot but no CC How do I understand what I see?

Ubbe

DMR always have to use a Color Code, and slot but not TG if they only use private calls.
The color code are shown at the very bottom of the window and are called DCC

/Ubbe

LimaZulu

Oh, I was thinking that CC = control channel. That's why I told him that :)
So, what Ubbe said is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.