new to shortwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
More specifics please! What are you interested in hearing? There's so much in the HF spectrum, that such a question is almost impossible to answer.

To start, check out this article in our wiki - note that both here and in the wiki, anything in blue is a link. This will get you some in-depth introduction into some of the services heard in this area...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/HF

73 Mike

Last edited:

Deart

Phila . reception with portable radio .

I live 100 miles S. of Phila. With my Grundig Satellit 750 using indoor antenna I have recently heard these, all below 10000 khz : Russia,Taiwan,China,Sweden,Vatican ( plus many other Christian stations) ,
Spain, Canada,Cuba, Vietnam ( south) ,Romana ,Iran,Slovakia,Austria,Prague,Ukraine,D.R.P. Korea,
Greece,Portugal ,Ecuador .
For listening use 13600-30000 khz during day ( very little will be heard )
1711-11795 khz nights ( Winter is better than summer )

Hope this is helpful .
Happy Listening !
Art

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually with the winter season right around the corner, and sunspots still pretty low, you might want to try 9-17 mhz in the day, MW to about 9 or 11 mhz at night. If the sunspots pick up a little bit more, 11 might just stay open a little later.

73 Mike

k9rzz

You might like Radio Japan or Radio Australia in the mornings as well. Both with good sigs and in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.