new to the ar3000a

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddtv

I use a bearcat 8500XLT for a long time,pretty easly to use,well ! I'm moving up to a ar3000 it's all new to me,with all the different modes,here is what I like to do,frist get a understand of all the mode and how and when to use them,I would like to use it for trunking mode,I know not set up for it,but was told that it could be done,also like to monitor the Mac Dill air force base,when line to find the frequency and didn't have a clue on what they had listed for the frequency,they had letter and numbers in the frequency slot.is there a book that can explain programming the different types frequency?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have a pretty decent (well, considering how old the 3000 series is) wiki page here...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/AR3000

The 3000 cannot trunk directly, although it can be modified with a tap to feed output into utilities like Trunker.

Now as for modes and when to use them - for the most part, 118-136 mhz freqs are in AM mode, most public service are FM (some radios define this as a narrow FM to show the difference between the standard FM like you find on a stereo, which would be wide FM)
Frequencies in the 225-380 mhz band are frequently AM, though in a portion between 240-270 Mhz, you can run into other modes as well.

It sounds like you don't have an owner's manual? Is that true - if so, I'm sure some folks can point out where you can purchase one (usually not very expensive).

Oh and for MacDill AFB, you might want to join the Florida Milcom group on Yahoo groups. They list that base among the areas they cover. Here's the URL...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FloridaMilcom/

73s Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I bet you mean Wright Patterson? Anyway, I didn't turn up any user manuals (maybe someone here has a link for one, or perhaps you can get it from the AOR website) - but another source might well be the AOR3000 Yahoo group that's listed on the page I gave earlier.

73s and GL..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.