BCD436HP/BCD536HP: New to the "BCD436HP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyb101

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring police frequencies was a big hobby of mine, I took a 10 year sabbatical From my hobby (got married) and. I just recently purchased the BCD 436HP. I know reside in Las Vegas and I am trying to monitor the metro police here in Vegas. My question is is it possible to monitor LVMPD?I just got my new scanner yesterday and I see the Las Vegas metro displayed on my read out ,however there is no audio. Can someone out there help me out and give me some input?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Sorry to say that Las Vegas Metro Police is fully encrypted and cannot be monitored. The capital E in the Mode column in each talkgroup means that it is encrypted full time. Here is the link to look at it: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Trunking System, Las Vegas, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
Clark County and Las Vegas Fire can be monitored. Here is the link to that system: Southern Nevada Area Communications Council (SNACC) Trunking System, Las Vegas, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

Mikeyb101

Premium Subscriber
I really appreciate the quick response tanger. $500.00 toy might turn out to be a expensive paper weight! LOL. Oh well, I guess I'll monitor Henderson, N. Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.