New to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbruski

Greetings, new to the Forum but not new to monitoring. I live in Radcliffe and retired, enjoy listening to the Public Safety and Railroad frequencies. I am just starting to monitor the RACOM system and would appreciate any tips. Also, any ideas on why I can't get to Story County trunked system here in Radciffe ?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
First off, welcome to RadioReference! What systems have you been trying to pull in? Looking at the map, Radcliffe is a bit in the middle of nowhere as far as radio systems go. What RACOM systems can you pull in? You MIGHT be able to monitor Marshalltown, should be able to hear Grundy county on the Wellsburg site. Fort Dodge prison is up that way too. As far as Story county, you will want to shoot for the Electronic Engineering site in Ames. Link to EE

Story county is also sometimes heard on the EE site in Nevada. Not real familiar with their system.

Hope that helps!

iascanguy

Use Wellsburg 1. I am not convinced the 2 site is valid but haven't been able to get up that way to confirm it. I know 1 is good because I have been able to hear it from Marshalltown.

Donald

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
The antenna for the Story County system is on one of the towers at the Alleman antenna farm. That might be quite a reach to Radcliffe. I can receive the Story County system up to about the south edge of Des Moines with an 800MHz Phantom Elite mounted on my car's roof.

Haley

For sure go with the Wellsburg #1 site and Marshalltown. That should give you a good start. And welcome to the forum, Mike

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm sure you have the railroad frequencies, in case you don't:

Spine: 160.845
CN: 161.190
IARR: 160.350
UP Double Main: 160.890
UP Branch: 161.175

Tim K.

Status
Not open for further replies.