New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailorinokc

Hey guys I am looking to buy a portable trunking scanner that I can monitor police/fire in the Midwest city/OKC/Moore and Norman area. Can someone point me in the right direction for a scanner. There are few I have been looking at and one is a pro-97. Will this work? Thanks in a advance!

KX5MOT

Since no one else has replied I will recommend the Uniden 396XT, it works well for trunking and all of those agencies you listed with the exception of OKC are on the OKWIN system. But there are links on OKWIN for OKC.

S

screamin72

Hey sailerokc welcome to RR! You can find alot of help here.

I live in Downtown OKC 6 blocks north of Oklahoma City Communications headquarters. Get what KX5MOT mentioned if you can. If you are unable to there is another option you can get two Nooelec RTL2832U R820T USB dongles. They work well. Just download unitrunker and DSD+ That's what I use. Best to use 3. Two for control and one for voice. OKC Site 1 and 2 needs 3 dongles. Total Cost $53.85 for 3 dongles.

nermel

Best to use 3. Two for control and one for voice. OKC Site 1 and 2 needs 3 dongles. Total Cost $53.85 for 3 dongles.

I've casually compared activity on the wide area and core simulcast layers. Sometimes I see talkgroups on the core layer and not simulcast. I've never seen it the other way around, with the exception of a couple of links (Norman PD). Am I really missing much listening to the core simulcast layer only?

Status
Not open for further replies.