New to the game BC125AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

esalach

Good afternoon, and Merry Christmas to all,

My wife got me a Uniden BC125AT for Christmas. After some stumbling around with a half read through the instructions I was able to find the local police department I was looking for. This was a great surprise seeing that they were cut off of Radio Reference.com and Radio Scanner app for Android and iPhone.

I would like to get the other police and fire departments, as well as Eastern MA State police. It was pretty awesome listening to MA State Police Air Wing as they were closing in on the Marathon Bomber in Watertown, and seeing the helicopter in the sky on channel 5.

I was thinking that I could also get the local DPW by using the close call scan feature on this scanner.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hi esalach, welcome to RR and Merry Christmas to you also.

To help answer your questions, we need more info (as puzzleriddle suggests) such as where you're located in Eastern MA and exactly what systems you want to monitor.

The MSP operate on a 800 MHz Trunking system which is a frequency range that the 125AT doesn't cover. I think the 125 AT will only monitor conventional radio systems, so you'll have to get into a more advanced scanner to listen to MSP.

Russell

esalach

County information

Hello all,

So I am in Essex County, I am specifically looking for Lawrence, Fire (stumbled upon P.D.) Lawrence DPW, Methuen Police and Fire, but apparently the Mass State Police operates at a frequency 800MHz which my scanner cannot handle

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Lawrence FD - 154.445 PL 100.0
Lawrence DPW - 154.025 PL 100.0
Methuen PD - 484.925 PL 162.2 (new?)
Methuen PD - 482.4625 PL 146.2
Methuen PD - 482.4625 NAC 983 (P-25 digital)
Methuen FD - 154.010 PL 192.8
Methuen FD - 154.010 PL 136.5

Check the database here at radioreference as well as the wiki at Scan New England for more information.

Statewide Portal - Scan New England Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.