New to this: BCo Volly.

tvengr

Well Known Member
All the way from pa to eastern shore/OC.
Anne Arundel County trunked system presently will not work on the G5 since it is Motorola Type II which the G5 does not support. AA Co is in the process of building out and testing a new P25 system which you will be able to program and receive once it goes online.

ocguard

I can help to customize your pager to act as both a scanner/monitor and a pager. Baltimore County's paging format is called "Plectron fast-duotone" and is very unique, however, that's mostly irrelevant in the modern pager programming days.

I assume you've already invested in the G5. Which is fine. It can be used as a scanner/monitor indefinitely. However, the broadcast of fire paging over the P25 has only ever been identified by the county as a "trial" situation. It, however, has been ongoing for over a year. What you might eventually see if they decide to keep this as a permanent function is a re-organizing of the tone table. The Plectron format isn't optimized for "two-tone over P25" but the throughput does seem pretty reliable. Let me know exactly how you want your pager to function and I'll work with you to make it happen.