New to this, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the freescan program to try to program my bcd996xt. Put in all of the conventional ri channels and that part is working great. its the riscon system that im not sure that i programmed correctly. i cannot attach the freescan file as it is too large, but i will attach a few screenshots. if someone could take a look at it for me it would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 309

faojk911

Premium Subscriber
Not too familiar with FreeScan software, I use BuTel for programming. Nothing special to programming the RISCON system, however. Set as a P25 trunk system with the 3 sites, which you appear to have programmed. I also see you have New Hampshire programmed. Not knowing where you're located, but the RISCON system is difficult to monitor if you're not in, or close to, the site you are trying to monitor. I'm unable to monitor any site with an outdoor discone antenna from a city bordering Rhode Island. When I travel 3 blocks away to slightly higher elevation, I'm able to receive 2 of the 3 sites with a handheld. You may just be on the fringe of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.