New to this stuff, have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc1482

Hey my name is Mike, I'm 17 and I live in southwestern Massachusetts.

I've always loved to tinker with radios and listen to them. I first started listing to things at night with my crank-charged radio that had AM-FM SW1 and SW2 when I was about 9 or 10. Then just this year when I got my new phone I installed the Scanner Radio app and listened to all sorts of scanners right from this website lol.

Then for Christmas, which was technically yesterday lol, I was surprised with this RadioShack PRO-163. It is so much fun to just play with even though I don't really understand most of it.

My one question is that sometimes when I scan or even go into "Fine Tune Mode" the screen seems to flicker, like the LCD characters disappear and reappear very quickly, but it also skips whatever I'm receiving at the same time. It is just frustrating lol.

ScannerWayne

Havoc1482,

I don't know anything about your scanner, but it sounds like it's continuing to scan for some reason.

I noticed that no one has answered your question and was going to suggest you might want to try reposting this question in the forum that covers Radio Shack scanners.

Wayne...

Status
Not open for further replies.