New to Utah - question about SL valley fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF7ZXT

Hello,

I'm new to Utah, coming from Seattle. I look forward to being a part of this group.

I have a question about fire coverage in the SLC area (outside SLC proper). Specifically, what system and talk groups are the Unified Fire Authority under? Also, does Rural Metro provide UFA services, or are they also some other part of the county? For example, is Sandy Fire a Rural Metro department?

Is there some reason these aren't listed in the RadioReference database, or am I just missing something? It seems like a few of the suburban towns have FD's, but virtually nothing in the west side of the valley does.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get complete fire coverage and there ***seem*** to be gaps in the database. No doubt it's just my lack of local knowledge.

Finally, I do run a GPS-enabled 996XT, so if there is any way to geo-locate fire I'd be very interested in links to that info as well.

Many thanks in advance.

Observer1

Hello,

I'm new to Utah, coming from Seattle. I look forward to being a part of this group.

I have a question about fire coverage in the SLC area (outside SLC proper). Specifically, what system and talk groups are the Unified Fire Authority under? Also, does Rural Metro provide UFA services, or are they also some other part of the county? For example, is Sandy Fire a Rural Metro department?

Is there some reason these aren't listed in the RadioReference database, or am I just missing something? It seems like a few of the suburban towns have FD's, but virtually nothing in the west side of the valley does.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get complete fire coverage and there ***seem*** to be gaps in the database. No doubt it's just my lack of local knowledge.

Finally, I do run a GPS-enabled 996XT, so if there is any way to geo-locate fire I'd be very interested in links to that info as well.

Many thanks in advance.

So the following cities have their own fire departments but have signed an agreement that formed the "Metro Fire Agency" to share resources, while maintaining their own departments.

Bluffdale, Murray, Sandy, South Jordan, South Salt Lake, West Jordan and West Valley

Salt Lake City has their own department

Unified Fire Authority covers the following areas and cities

Alta, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Holladay, Taylorsville, Riverton, Herriman, Midvale, Copperton Township, Magna Township, Emigration Canyon, Parleys Canyon, Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, Milcreek Township, Kearns Township, Rose Canyon and White City (Small area inside Sandy City which is not part of Sandy)

I'm guessing "Metro Fire Agency" is what you were referring to as "Rural Metro"

Can't give you all of the frequencies. Others here are better at that stuff, but it should give you a better idea of who does what.

kf7yn

To further Observer1's comments, program in VECC Fire TGs 21216 Fire 1 dispatch. VECC dispatches everything except Salt Lake City and Sandy City Fire. Units respond on Response TGs 1,2 and 3; 21248, 21280 and 21312 respectively .

Sandy Fire uses TGs 3744 and 3776 and Salt Lake City Fire is on TGs 1184, 1216 and 1248.
Sometimes Sandy City and Salt Lake City Fire are patched together.

There are many other Fire TGs for fireground, car to car, training, etc. See the database for those.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.