New tone on Phx Fire 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
New tone on some of the dispatches on Phx RWC sounds like the old tone used on the TV show Emergency. I am sure its been used by other departments, just never heard it here. Not being used on all of the dispatches so not sure if its incident type related.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There is a warble tone sent before drowning calls (which unfortunately happen too often). There is a drowning call currenly being worked on K7, and I’m assuming this is what you heard dispatched. This is not a new tone, but only used for drowning calls.

There are also two-tone pager tones that are sent before some dispatches, like Sky Harbor calls or multi alarm working fire announcements.

Last edited:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
There is a warble tone sent before drowning calls (which unfortunately happen too often). There is a drowning call currenly being worked on K7, and I’m assuming this is what you heard dispatched. This is not a new tone, but only used for drowning calls.

This tone has also been used by some Maricopa County area police agencies for EMS drowning calls.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber

There are also two-tone pager tones that are sent before some dispatches, like Sky Harbor calls or multi alarm working fire announcements.

Nope not the drowning tone or the Sky Harbor tone, been listening her in the valley long enough to recognize both of those. This "new" tone is the same tone that was used in the 70's TV show Emergency everytime Station 51 was dispatched on a call. I know that other departments have used it, I just don't know who so thats the only way I can describe it. Not hearing it now that Samantha is voicing the dispatches, before it was a male dispatcher and that tone would preempt various calls. One of the calls was in Phx, another in Sun Lakes, and so on so it wasnt department specific and wasn't used on every dispatch.

Foresigt

The tone isn't "new" to PFRDC. They have used it for quite a few years when they welcome students during a station visit. One of the dispatchers uses it intermittently when he dispatching on Channel 1. It really doesn't matter because with the station packages they never hear it anyways. It's just him being what he thinks is humorous.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
The tone isn't "new" to PFRDC. They have used it for quite a few years when they welcome students during a station visit. One of the dispatchers uses it intermittently when he dispatching on Channel 1. It really doesn't matter because with the station packages they never hear it anyways. It's just him being what he thinks is humorous.

Ok, I know I have heard plenty of system tests and messages when a tour is going through a station and I have never heard them use this tone before. Just caught me off guard and was curious if something new was in the works.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
The Tucson Regional Dispatch system I believe uses the same basic hardware and software for the computer voice dispatching that is in use in Phoenix. Dan Rollman can maybe confirm that. I think Tucson has just adjusted the voice and pronunciation a little differently. This tone is used on all full alarm dispatches. They have a standard single tone for all other dispatches. They could have other tones, I just have never heard them since PCWIN went live in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.