New Tower AA County Eastern Dist

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Digital? Someday. I've heard everything from later this year (fall) to mid-Summer next year...

I was watching my TRUNKER screen the otherday and saw a very large number of "new" radio IDs ... some group in the county (or maybe outside the county) seems to be about to get a new set of radios.... I think most/all were in the 44xxx range

RyanXTS

CapitalPunishment said:
Yea its a big tower.

My buddy told me that his supervisor said they will be getting new radios soon. I dont know if they will switch over when they get the new radios though.

No. Not imediatly

applied

Premium Subscriber
Anne Arundel Digital

I have it on good authority that the City of Annapolis and maybe the county is going to change-over to digtal this September. Also the new site on the Navy station tower is installed and may be operational.

Bob
N3HFP

troymail

Silent Key
applied said:
I have it on good authority that the City of Annapolis and maybe the county is going to change-over to digtal this September. Also the new site on the Navy station tower is installed and may be operational.

Bob
N3HFP

Annapolis -- PD or fIre? doesn't seem to make much sense either way since it's AA County's system -- hard to believe Annapolis will switch to digital before the county....

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps APD is going to be the "guinea pig" to to test the digital system on a limited basis before they go countywide? I'm assuming the new system will be mixed mode, thus allowing both analog and digital radios to co-exist.

CA
Annapolis

troymail

Silent Key
maus92 said:
Perhaps APD is going to be the "guinea pig" to to test the digital system on a limited basis before they go countywide? I'm assuming the new system will be mixed mode, thus allowing both analog and digital radios to co-exist.

CA
Annapolis

Obviously, my comment was just opinion. Anything is possible..... :p

applied

Premium Subscriber
Navy tower

I can report that the new AAC trs site on the Navy tower complex on Greenbury point is opperational. Stopped by the old QTH and found I had the TRS at full quiteing on a HT, when in the past it took an antenna 60' high to just get the nerest sie.

Bob

N3HFP

Status
Not open for further replies.