New Tower in Stonington / Mystic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner1

I see the other day the monopole off I-95 at exit 91 in Stonington is getting 2 or 3 new antennas mounted. They all look like Celwave station masters.

Anyone know if this is a new system for someone, or an upgrade???

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
I see the other day the monopole off I-95 at exit 91 in Stonington is getting 2 or 3 new antennas mounted. They all look like Celwave station masters.

There is talk of Stonington EMS, Wequtequock(sp) Fire and Quiambaug Fire looking to move from Stonington PD dispatch to Groton Fire Alarm. Unknown if related or not. Also GFA dispatches No, Stongton Fire and EMS.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber

FCC licensees on that tower

NORTHEAST UTILITIES SERVICE COMPANY
TAUGWONK ROAD WQKY996 IG A 0.00000
STONINGTON, TOWN OF
TAUGWANK SPUR ROAD NO.2 WNLB591 PW A 0.00000
TAUGWONK ROAD WQKY995 IG A 0.00000
TAUGWONK ROAD WQKT667 IG A 0.00000
STONINGTON, TOWN OF
TAUGWONK SPUR WPQE224 PW A 0.00594
STONINGTON WPPQ770 YX A 0.03082

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
There is talk of Stonington EMS, Wequtequock(sp) Fire and Quiambaug Fire looking to move from Stonington PD dispatch to Groton Fire Alarm. Unknown if related or not. Also GFA dispatches No, Stongton Fire and EMS.

As far as I know and what I have been reading (I work at Mashantucket FD) this is only being talked about right now. No new radio nor antenna installations are being installed as of yet. Stonington (boro) PD is trying to make their case. It does however look like Quiambaug and Wequetequock (aka "Ducks on the Trucks") might be going over to them. A lot of the articles have been posted on TheDay.com.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If it is NU with 451.xxxx freqs, it is almost certainly going to be SCAT trunking. No voice, just switches and relay controllers I believe.
I also wouldn't rule out regular business systems, the licensing doesn't always match up what is really happening.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.