New toy coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
...from our local auction site. It's a Debeg 7313 which is really a re-badged Skanti (Danish) R5001. I think the original design was by Siemens Germany. It's a ship's radio but has a full HF coverage from 10kHz to 30MHz in 100Hz steps. Specs look very good and I have found a full maintenance manual on the net. Can't wait to play, need more antennas!

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
New toy has arrived - didn't go to start with but found a loose fuseholder that fixed it. Very sensitive on the LF bands and about the same as my NRD515 on the HF bands . Built-in homebrew power supply needs some work though, lots of hum from the speaker and I suspect it's getting in to the oscillators too, a slight warble on any weak signal SSB reception. Fortunately I have a large "bits'n'pieces" cupboard! All else looks good - a "work in progress"!

ridgescan

Just saw this Marty-since I don't know that rig I checked out a couple YouTube clips with it and boy is it a neat radio! Hope you really enjoy it in good health:)

majoco

Stirrer
I probably overspent in the auction fever department, but even so it was quite reasonable at NZ$650, say US$510 on a good day! I see my NRD515 with memory unit and speaker like mine went for NZ$1600 recently - I know it is a nice receiver now!

majoco

Stirrer
Did a quick scan up the Aussie east coast NDB's last night about 10pm and easily got Norfolk Island and Lord Howe 260kHz and 272kHz but they are high power oceanic transmitters. Others were Merimbula 395kHz, Coffs Harbour 311 and Nowra on 359 - but I expected to get Amberley! Port MacQuarie wasn't there on 395 which is why I got Merimbula - perhaps they've had a frequency shakeup! I have a clear view to the western horizon which helps, the only hills in the way are Mts. Egmont and Ruapehu! Difficult to resolve any Aus BC band stations now the nearly every NZ frequency is used, some carriers above 1602kHz which may produce something on a good night

Status
Not open for further replies.