New Toys in Polk County?

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
For the past few days, I've been noticing some really top quality VHF analog traffic coming out of Polk County. It's the clearest modulation and best signal strength I've ever heard from Polk County. I use an SDS100/200 connected to an outdoor antenna just north of downtown Cleveland. I checked the West Polk F&R Facebook page. Those good folks will usually boast about any new equipment while giving due credit to those responsible for its acquisition. Didn't find anything. Anybody know the details?

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
For me the repeaters in the western part of the county have always came in better than the east but yeah seems like lately the east side has been somewhat better with less static I don't know if they got new equipment or not

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
I take that in some instances I have discovered that I can hear all west polk county traffic but only about half of the eastern side of the county I have noticed on brocastify that some of the radio traffic I am not picking up from central 2 in ducktown so I don't know if they got more than 1 repeater site on the east side or not