New TRS at ECU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamecockSJ

I am out in Winterville and not hearing anything on those frequencies even with squelch open all the way. I assume one of them would be a control channel with the typical buzz noise?

WG3K

Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I am out in Winterville and not hearing anything on those frequencies even with squelch open all the way. I assume one of them would be a control channel with the typical buzz noise?

Yes, if this is a Motorola SmartZone or similar system. I wonder if these are just conventional repeaters with frequencies in the trunking area. Or maybe they are nothing at all...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It appears to be an Amerizon maintained small 4 channel facilities maintenance type TRS.

Marshall KE4ZNR

GamecockSJ

I thought ECU had a TRBO system for that. Or that some of them were on the Vidant/West Campus system.

I work downtown one block from campus and I can scan those freqs tomorrow.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I thought ECU had a TRBO system for that. Or that some of them were on the Vidant/West Campus system.

I work downtown one block from campus and I can scan those freqs tomorrow.

It could also be a limited coverage system since they only want to cover their campus.
Marshall KE4ZNR

WG3K

Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA, Earth, Milky Way

The system on Brody is a SmartZone system. Why main campus facilities never moved over to this system has always been a mystery to me. It has good coverage on main campus and with the BDAs we installed there should be no problems in the buildings. Oh well...

GamecockSJ

Definitely no control channels. I'm off Reade Circle at the dorms and getting nothing. I'll have to make a list and start scanning the freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.