New trunked CC on 380.725 near Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Hey.

I was scanning through the military bands tonight and ran across 380.725. It sounds like a typical Motorola trunked control channel, but neither uniTrunker nor my scanner seem to detect it and decode anything.

As you know, there's a Dept. of Defense trunked CC at 380.075 that turns out to be a P25 system.. I wonder if that new one is part of that?

Gatorman

Military Systems

Anyone programmed one of these system with the Uniden TTIV? I imagine it needs base and off-set like the other UHF systems?????? Like pulling teeth, lots of them, to figure that out.

Airdorn

Well, its not there any longer. I think there's some setup/testing going on, and they're turning stuff off and on intermittently.

Gatorman

Base/Off-Set

Why do the 400 MHz systems require base/off-set and these do not??????? Serious question.

dste

Under true P25 specs the control channel data stream regularly transmits the band plan to all radios. The older Moto VHF/UHF system spec does not - so you have to supply this yourself.

Airdorn

Hey all. An update...

Today, the D.O.D. system at Millington, TN had some activity.

TGID 28000 got 168 hits, and TGID 28778 got 3 hits. It all occurred between about 2pm and 3pm thursday the 29th of May.

I recorded it all.. its basically a couple of radio techs testing the system.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Airdorn said:
Hey all. An update...

Today, the D.O.D. system at Millington, TN had some activity.

TGID 28000 got 168 hits, and TGID 28778 got 3 hits. It all occurred between about 2pm and 3pm thursday the 29th of May.

I recorded it all.. its basically a couple of radio techs testing the system.

Awesome! Thanks for helping out with this system!!!

Airdorn

Just a correction.. the topic title says 380.725.. that was only around for 1 day, presumably as part of their test. It promptly disappeared back into the aether.

The main control channel is 380.075. THAT is the channel that saw activity today.

Thanks

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
No, the site ID is not 999. Airdorn should be able to get the site number. I believe Unitrunker can get the site number.

Airdorn

Site 014Ch-0118

The next freq. is indeed 380.475, as told by that new Unitrunker. The old Unitrunker spits-out some nonsense frequency of 762.04375.

There was some more activity today. A couple of radio techs were testing it some, using talkgroups of 28780 and 28778.

Basically, a bunch of "testing, testing 1-2-3", etc.

Gatorman

CC Activity

Is the CC on all the time now? Can't hear anything today in East Memphis. Using elevated antenna. Thanks very much for all the info.

Airdorn

It has been on continuously for a couple of months now at least.

I have a yagi pointed at it from Cordova and it's very strong and clear for me. Be sure you're listening to 380.075. The frequency in the thread title was only online for maybe a day.

Last edited:

Airdorn

Well now I don't know!

About 20 mins ago I happened to check for the DOD system @ 380.075 Mhz and it's not there!

It was there loud and clear earlier today... no activity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.