New trunked system in Columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8MZM

Premium Subscriber
While trolling through the 800MHz band today I came across a control channel on 867.0875. Universal Trunker and my 396T show it is site 3 for sysid BC26, which is the La Grange/Troup county system. However, the FCC database shows the frequency is licensed to the Consolidated Government of Columbus (callsign WPPU479). Here are the frequencies for the system per the FCC database (* indicates channels found by Universal Trunker):

867.0875* Control Channel
867.1125*
867.3750*

According to the FCC, this system matches the tower locations used by the existing Consolidated Government of Columbus system (sysid 3a2b, callsign WPBD367). In fact, the fluctuations in signal strength for the two systems are an exact match.

The only talkgroup so far is 33360 which is encrypted and is active for long periods of time.

Mike

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
It was my understanding that the LaGrange and Columbus systems were to be merged at some point into a regional TRS. Could this be the system that fills in the dead spots and makes it all one system?

Julian1

Columbus / Muscogee Co / Harris Co / Lagrange-Troup Co

Lagrange - Troup TRS has two tower sites. The "Boy Scout" tower site is located just inside Harris County close to West Point. This is Lagrange Site #2.

Site #2 has an "Omni Link" feature that has Harris County Sheriff broadcasts a different TG than on the Columbus Cons Govt system. This occurs simultaneously.

Harris County has been sharing the Columbus-Muscogee system.

Troup County Sheriff is going 800 once they add a third SmartZone tower in northern Troup County.

I'm not so sure the systems are going to be combined as much as they'll use "Omni-Link" on an as needed basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.