New TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpohlad

Premium Subscriber
My new TRX-1 will be here on Monday and I was just wondering if folks had some best practices or good tips.

I read somewhere about putting wildcards in a separate scan list for each system? I am coming from a Pro-96 so this is a different workflow.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I would recommend an external card reader for much faster updating and also a couple sets of good rechargeable batteries with an external charger.
To get started.

DJ11DLN

Go to the Whistler site and download the E-Z Scan software so you can familiarize yourself with it. I did not find it overly challenging to learn but it's a YMMV thing. That's the best advice I can offer until you get your scanner.

I like my TRX-1 a lot and I'm very happy with it...again though this is a YMMV thing. I wish you good luck with yours.

eryoung2k

Definitely download the software and get familiar with the terminology! I came from Uniden scanners and there is a learning curve but I love my TRX-1. Also highly recommend getting a few class 4 4 gig micro sd cards (cheap enough) practice on 1 of those and keep one in a safe place when the one your using and updating gives up the ghost. I had one go bad after only 6 months. Also backup your Configuration once you get it to your liking I call mine (Master list with the current date) OH you tube videos help also!!

Status
Not open for further replies.