TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Res21cue

Feed Provider
So I have removed both of those lines, saved it and restarted everything. Same result, it fails to send the email. I did add another screen shot this time of an error when I click on ffmpeg inside the TTD folder. I know it just needs to reside there but I found the error interesting as it says its not a vaild Win32 application. That line appears in the log error a couple times. Problem with ffmpeg? Thoughts?

Done recording Westville Fire Department 20:40:09 on 12/06/15
done writing WAV Westville Fire Department 20:40:09 on 12/06/15
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 901, in alert
File "C:\Users\Andy\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect67a\outP YZ1.pyz/subprocess", line 493, in call
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
File "<string>", line 582, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Westville_Fire_Department_2015_12_06_20_39_30.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for Westville Fire Department page received at 20:39:30 on 12/06/15
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Westville_Fire_Department_2015_12_06_20_39_30.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Westville Fire Department page received at 20:39:30 on 12/06/15
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for Westville Fire Department page received at 20:39:30 on 12/06/15
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
IOError:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 267

aaknitt

Feed Provider
So I have removed both of those lines, saved it and restarted everything. Same result, it fails to send the email. I did add another screen shot this time of an error when I click on ffmpeg inside the TTD folder. I know it just needs to reside there but I found the error interesting as it says its not a vaild Win32 application. That line appears in the log error a couple times. Problem with ffmpeg? Thoughts?

Do you have a link to the ffmpeg file that you downloaded? Are you sure you downloaded the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version?

Andy

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I was unaware there was a 32 bit version. I need to learn to read the whole thing lol. I am downloading the 32 bit version now to give that a try. Will report back.

pete7919

Email option

Is there any way to append a message to each email sent by TTD? For example, if I want to send a message at the bottom that says, "Alert feed provided by ..." can that be done through the program or is my only option to set the signature in the email account that is sending? Along the same lines there any way to modify the subject line of the email sent by TTD?

Different issue - I've run into the problem with stacked tones where my alerting tone starts the recording and all the recording consists of is the next 4 tone sets until the timer ran out and the carrier was dropped prior to the actual voice dispatch. This only happens maybe 10% of the time when multiple departments are dispatched at the same time. Though when it happens it usually means it's a bigger deal so I'd like to get those recorded! Certainly I can set the timer longer but that results in a majority of the calls having empty recording at the end. Does anyone have a solution for this?

One way I've thought but haven't tried is to record way longer and batch trim out the silence after converting to mp3 but prior to emailing. If that would even work it would extend the lag time to get the email out. Ideally, a dynamic record could be implemented so after alert it extends the record time for each tone found. In practice I have no idea if that's even feasible to program.

Thanks.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Is there any way to append a message to each email sent by TTD? For example, if I want to send a message at the bottom that says, "Alert feed provided by ..." can that be done through the program or is my only option to set the signature in the email account that is sending? Along the same lines there any way to modify the subject line of the email sent by TTD?

Yes, starting with v65 you can add a message to the body of the email by using the "Email Body" field in the Tones Editor (or by using the 'email_body=' parameter if manually editing the tones.cfg file). There is no way to edit the subject other than changing the tone description. This is on the request list but it's a low priority.

Different issue - I've run into the problem with stacked tones where my alerting tone starts the recording and all the recording consists of is the next 4 tone sets until the timer ran out and the carrier was dropped prior to the actual voice dispatch. This only happens maybe 10% of the time when multiple departments are dispatched at the same time. Though when it happens it usually means it's a bigger deal so I'd like to get those recorded! Certainly I can set the timer longer but that results in a majority of the calls having empty recording at the end. Does anyone have a solution for this?

One way I've thought but haven't tried is to record way longer and batch trim out the silence after converting to mp3 but prior to emailing. If that would even work it would extend the lag time to get the email out. Ideally, a dynamic record could be implemented so after alert it extends the record time for each tone found. In practice I have no idea if that's even feasible to program.

This is a fairly common problem. Today the only solution is to increase the record time. Extending the record time based on detection of another tone may be viable, this is something I'll look into for the next release. It will probably only work if the subsequent tones occur during the "Record Time", but that shouldn't be an issue for stacked tones, which I think is the main issue.

Andy

pete7919

Thanks, Andy. I guess it's time to upgrade. Currently on v62. Thanks again for your work on this.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v68 Posted

Hi everyone, v68 has been posted to the program web page.

Those who deal with a lot of stacked tones may want to upgrade to this version.

Version 68 Release Notes:
  • Added option to automatically extend the record time tone sets if another stacked tone is detected during recording.
    • Audio prior to the stacked tone detection is removed from the recording
    • This option is enabled by default but can be disabled in the Edit Config Info screen
  • Added FTP timeouts and error handling to prevent program from locking up during redundant operation if connection is lost
  • Removed # and @ from list of characters that gets converted to _ in filenames to allow for hashtags
  • Fixed "Index Error" during startup, other misc bugs related to config.cfg file reading
  • email_from is set to email_username by default. email_from can now be changed in the Edit Config Info screen.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Andy

ffryan76

Feed Provider
TwoToneDetect68 Pyconfig.h error

I am running TTD68 on a Windows 10 and I am getting this error pictured.
I remove the file and then TTD68 will run. I close it and it come back with the same issue.
Hope you can help Andy.

Attachments

• TTD68Error.png
    TTD68Error.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 215

DC31

Feed Provider
Ok, I can't seem to send pages to our Sprint users. I have tried: MMS - 1235551212@pm.sprint.com and SMS - 1235551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com. With no luck. I have it turned the bit rate down to about 24000. I have tried sending .amr and .mp3 files without luck. My guys are getting restless.

Thanks!
Try sending from a different email account. I have an instance of TTD running just for Sprint users sending from a gmail acct. if i send from the regular TTD that has everyone else, the Sprint users don't get them. It sounds like Sprint has tagged you as a spammer. Try setting up a new acct. i tried to get it straightened out with Sprint with no luck

The @pm.sprint.com is what i use.

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Hi Andy
Still having issues with delayed receipt of the text. Went from V65c to V67a and also lowered the bit rate and recording time to make the file size smaller. TTD is sending the email out within seconds. And it occurs across all carriers. We are still getting the texts late. Will V68 help with this? Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I am having the same issue with Bell Mobility in Canada. They are the largest cell phone provider in the country and I have tried @txt.bell.ca (thats what I am responding uses) I have tried @txt.bellmobility.ca, @mms.bell.ca and @mms.bellmobility.ca all with no luck. All other users are getting their audio no problem.

The other problem I am having is the AMR Audio file that goes as a text appears to be much lower quality than the email file. Does anyone else have this problem? The Text file sounds like there is a constant echo in the background or the dispatcher is in a large room all alone. Email of the same file is perfect.

Thoughts?

pete7919

Anybody else having issue with Audioboom today?

I'm getting the error "execution expired" from Audioboom. I tried to redo the process of setting up the email link but can't get it to work. I've sent a ticket.

Did you get any resolution?

ffryan76

Feed Provider
I'm getting the error "execution expired" from Audioboom. I tried to redo the process of setting up the email link but can't get it to work. I've sent a ticket.

Did you get any resolution?
I was sending audioboom the amr format from TTD. I Switched it to MP3 and it seemed to work so far. What version of TTD are you using?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pete7919

I was sending audioboom the amr format from TTD. I Switched it to MP3 and it seemed to work so far. What version of TTD are you using?
/QUOTE]

Actually I received a reply from support and it seems they changed something and now it's working. I also went through the process of sending a blank email again and that came back this morning. I'm not sure which of the two fixed it but it's working again.

Also, I got the chance to use the new stacked tone recording and it works like a charm. We had 5 sets of tones before the message. Prior to v68 most, if not all of them, would just be recordings of the tones. Now I got every alert. Thanks Andy!

Last edited:

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have many users for this system on my FD and noticed during one of my alerts, basically a full department alert I am seeing VZW reject messages as too many recipients. Does anyone know what the max number is? I have the same users for the text only list and don't have this problem, at least I don't receive notice of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Those who deal with a lot of stacked tones may want to upgrade to this version.

Version 68 Release Notes:
  • Added option to automatically extend the record time tone sets if another stacked tone is detected during recording.
    • Audio prior to the stacked tone detection is removed from the recording
    • This option is enabled by default but can be disabled in the Edit Config Info screen

As a clarification to this - in order for the stacked tone detection to work, each tone in the stacked sequence has to be in your tones.cfg file. The program won't recognize a "random" tone, only ones that it's looking for. So if you have TTD set up only for your department but others use the same frequency and are stacked, you'll want to add those other tones to your tones.cfg file. You can leave the email fields blank if you don't have anyone who needs to get a notification for those tones.

Andy