TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

DC31

Feed Provider
I'm an idiot. I put a filter into v54 to get rid of frequencies below 300 Hz and above 3000 Hz. However, I hard coded it with the wrong sample rate, which meant it was actually getting rid of frequencies below 408 Hz. I didn't catch it in testing because I wasn't testing with low frequency tones. Sorry for the foul up, a corrected v54a is now posted.

Andy

Andy, if it is any consolation, I am sure that you are the only one on this forum that thinks you are an idiot!
Keep up the awesome work.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I've tried looking for it, but having no luck. I've set up two separate copies of the program, so that one immediately sends when the tones drop, & the other records then sends the program. Is there an easier way to do this? I've seen stuff about separate cfg files, & one about how to remove the audio portion and just send a general notification. I've tried lookin through numerous times with no luck (I'm probably skipping over it on accident..lol). Let me know if you guys would please, I'd appreciate it!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I've tried looking for it, but having no luck. I've set up two separate copies of the program, so that one immediately sends when the tones drop, & the other records then sends the program. Is there an easier way to do this? I've seen stuff about separate cfg files, & one about how to remove the audio portion and just send a general notification. I've tried lookin through numerous times with no luck (I'm probably skipping over it on accident..lol). Let me know if you guys would please, I'd appreciate it!

You could use the alert_command parameter with each tone set and point to a batch file that would send an email out using an external program. That email would be sent prior to recording, and then the regular email would be sent after recording. Not sure if that's any easier or more elegant, just another option.

Andy

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I'm still using version 52 after the lock up issues with 53. The problem is my Region just changed the way they tone out multiple stations and the new format has the stacked pages too close together for Twotonedetect to grab. I'm also having falsing on longtones, although sporadic it has happened 3 or 4 times now.

Yeah I actually have the long tone improvements baked into v54, which I've been toying with for a couple weeks now but haven't released yet. I may try to get it built and released tonight. Haven't been able to work on this much lately...newborn in the house really eats up free time :)

What version are you having the stacked page issues with, and what's the scenario that's giving it problems?

Andy

chad3405

@ Quentin

I have local media asking if they can use this and is it legal for them to use. Can someone shed some light on this and I can forward it to them.

Thanks,
Quentin

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about the legal end, But I would think long and hard about what you give them as far as call notification and radio monitoring. If they are notified about the call same time as you that means they will be arriving even sooner if not before you do. Just seems like a way to have more cameras watching you and your departments every move waiting on you to mess up, and now they know everything you do.
Being on camera from the very start of an incident is not always a good thing. leave your self some time in the incident to get things under control and protect the privacy of the patients & family's you are responding to.

Just my thoughts & opinion
Chad

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm still using version 52 after the lock up issues with 53. The problem is my Region just changed the way they tone out multiple stations and the new format has the stacked pages too close together for Twotonedetect to grab. I'm also having falsing on longtones, although sporadic it has happened 3 or 4 times now.

If you can get v53 or v54 to work for you, I think it might help with your stacked pages. In 52 and prior, the program will generate the alert while the B tone is still going. It will then start looking for A tones again even while the B tone is going. If the B tone happens to be an A tone from a different department, it will see that B tone as an A tone, and then look for the corresponding B tone for four seconds. That four seconds could be what's causing it to miss the next page in the stack.

In v53 and newer, you can specify the Btonelength parameter so that the program won't alert and start looking for new A tones until the Btone from the current page is finished.

Andy

iceman977th

Feed Provider
You could use the alert_command parameter with each tone set and point to a batch file that would send an email out using an external program. That email would be sent prior to recording, and then the regular email would be sent after recording. Not sure if that's any easier or more elegant, just another option.

Andy

I thought about it, but I'm trying to keep it all within the program. I thought I saw something in the Topic saying that if you removed one of the commands, it would send e-mail only.

On a side note, how hard would it be to integrate a custom e-mail script? Like to set where you want what to go in the message, a link to the webfeed, etc. I love it so far!

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
What I did to hide the email's is send the page to an email address you can forward. Then put all the email's (for the users) in the forwarded email and all the user's see is the one forwarded email address. For example: I send station1 tones alert to station1@somewhere.com. I have station1@somewhere.com setup to forward to all the people that want Station 1 pages. This also works nicely if you want to send an information page to specific users of a station. You can send an email to station1@somewhere.com and all the recipients of the station 1 page will get it. Hope this helps.

John

What service do you use to forward these emails? Currently I'm using gmail, and if I'm not mistaken, gmail will only let you forward to one email address at a time. I've also got 7 tone pairs on two frequencies set up, so the lists vary pretty greatly.

Andy, I know you're busy, but any chance you can add an option for recipients to be listed as a BCC, so that when you get an email you don't have fifty or so contacts listed?

rzq4x4

I host multiple websites through GoDaddy. I just registered a new domain name and used my free forwarding to setup multiple forwarded e-mail's.

For example in TwoToneDetect Station 1 page email gets sent to station1@domain.com. I then setup station1@domain.com as a forward email (in GoDaddy) to send to all the cell phone email addresses.

I keep doing this for all the other stations and our all call page. Once I setup TwoToneDetect I never have to edit the tones file again I just log into GoDaddy to make changes to the recipients.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further clarification.

John

DC31

Feed Provider
Auto forwarding

Using filters in Gmail, you should be able to forward to 20 email addresses. I tried the Google Groups routine but found that didn't work well when emailing to cell phones. The group sent a confirmation email out that required clicking on a link. On many cell phones could not confirm by clicking on the link so it wouldn't work. Filters in Gmail will send a code that the recipient will have to get back to you so that you can enter it to confirm.

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Hmmm... I don't think the GoDaddy route will work for me, since I'd rather not give either department access to one of my domains, and they want to be able to access and modify recipients as needed.

The gmail route won't work either, as I need to be able to have more than 20 recipients. Ah well, I'll keep playing with things.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.190 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Right now I use Google Groups to distribute the emails to all my subscribers but will be transfering those to Mailman lists with a hosting service.

dacaskie

mailman..

i tried a php based mail program but couldn't get it running, has anyone setup a mailman system? i was thinking of a batch file call procedure into the tones file but want a way to edit the mailing list via web or vbasic app...anyone have any success or ideas with this other than just open and edit each time you add or remove???

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
I've pieced together some batch scripts to be run via Window's Task Scheduler to fetch a remotely hosted tones.cfg file, and even to remotely update the batch file. If anyone is interested, I can post them.

aliby19

Feed Provider

I have been running into the same issue as well. I updated to v53 a few weeks ago and am now on v54. Every so often the software will lock up and I have to manually close and re-open it for it to start working again.

It has also been missing some of the stacked pages. ve3nsv, were you able to figure out why this was occurring, or did you drop back down to 52?

Andy -- Any thoughts/suggestions on the issue of TwoToneDetect v54a locking up and missing some stacked pages? I did not have this problem in v52.

Thanks for all your hard work!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v54c Released

I have been running into the same issue as well. I updated to v53 a few weeks ago and am now on v54. Every so often the software will lock up and I have to manually close and re-open it for it to start working again.

It has also been missing some of the stacked pages. ve3nsv, were you able to figure out why this was occurring, or did you drop back down to 52?

Andy -- Any thoughts/suggestions on the issue of TwoToneDetect v54a locking up and missing some stacked pages? I did not have this problem in v52.

Thanks for all your hard work!

I found a bug in v54 that would impact stacked pages. This would only manifest itself if you're using the Btonedebounce parameter. I just uploaded a v54c that should fix that issue.

I can't seem to reproduce the locking up, I've had v54 running for over a week with no issues. Hard to troubleshoot it when I can't get it to happen.

There is another developer that is working on a completely new GUI and other improvements. When that version gets released that may take care of the locking up, we'll have to wait and see.

Andy

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.190 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Yeah I'm still using V52 and have moved the stations likely to be paged together into two seperate instances of the software.

Once I see good feed back from one of the newer releases I will upgrade and test on my end.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Well guess what, less than 24 hours later and it's locked up again...

Here's a screenshot of the UI and debug window:

TTD_Lock_Up.jpg

Any thoughts?