TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

oab2

Feed Provider
If you want I can send you the Audacity compilation that is from my false page. Maybe it could help somehow in finding a problem. Could this have anything to do with the program seeking for a longtone?

In the meantime I have upped Btonelength to .5 to see if that helps.

thanks for you help and great program!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah! I wondered if that's why the files were bigger. Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm going to give the new version another run and see how it does... maybe it was just a fluke that I had those false pages so quickly. Keep up the great work!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Another quick question... On my current version (v24) the audio level with the scanner idle displays as very low... as I would expect. However in v49 it displays as quite high... is it just a difference in how the audio is displayed or should I re-adjust my levels?

Attachments

• TwoTone.jpg
    TwoTone.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 807

aaknitt

Feed Provider
In the meantime I have upped Btonelength to .5 to see if that helps

To be safe, bump it up to .6. The program works in increments of 200 ms. It will round .5 to either .4 or .6, but I don't remember which.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Another quick question... On my current version (v24) the audio level with the scanner idle displays as very low... as I would expect. However in v49 it displays as quite high... is it just a difference in how the audio is displayed or should I re-adjust my levels?

Yeah it's just a difference in how the bar graph is calculated. You should be fine.

Andy

DC31

Feed Provider
False activations

Ah! I wondered if that's why the files were bigger. Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm going to give the new version another run and see how it does... maybe it was just a fluke that I had those false pages so quickly. Keep up the great work!

Fort,

Prior to v48, i was experiencing falses too frequently. I was monitoring for about a dozen tone sets and probably averaged one false a day. Certain sets were much more prone to falsing than others. I bumped all b tone durations up to .6. That corrected most of them. For the couple that were still troublesome, i went to .8. This seems to have done the trick. On the flip side, it is hard to tell if you are missing activations. You don't know what you don't know. Right now, i seem to be getting activations appropriately and have eliminated falses.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
This stereo feature is causing issues on my Blackberry. The audio sounds fine on my computer but hardly comes through on the Blackberry. It seems as if there is some sort of cancellation issue on the mono signal when it is converted to stereo. How could a person possibly get better quality from stereo on a mono signal with hardly any bandwidth to begin with?

That's because someone requested that the mp3 files be recorded in stereo for better audio quality. It's a feature :)

Maybe someday that will be configurable.

The detection algorithm should be pretty much identical, I'm not sure why you'd see different results.

Andy

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Bravo on the Stacked Pages!!!! The local County does testing every night and test all 8 departments in 2 minutes and this new version detected and emailed each alarm as an individual email.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm actually having a bit of an issue due to the stacked pages... When departments around here get toned out... the tones go off, the message is delivered then the tones go off a second time (which triggers a second email with a blank message). Sort of a pain in the butt, but certainly not the programs fault.

freqfreaks

Regarding stacked pages, would it be possible to add an option to not repeat the same alert for the same tones for a defined length of time? In my case, I believe that the dispatch tones are transmitted multiple times from different towers which causes multiple alerts with the exact same audio (just staggered by a few seconds). Just to be clear, I would only want it to disregard the exact same set of tones for a defined length of time, it should still alert for different tones during the "disregarded" time so that it still handles stacked pages the way it does now.

I believe an option such as this would resolve my issue as well as the issue that "Forts" is having above.

Thanks again.

tn_medic_533

I have got v43 downloaded because I can't seem to get any of the newer versions to work. v43 is working good saying it has sent the email. Also showing an email sent in the gmail server, however I am not getting anything to my phone, and it is not detecting stacked tones. Any help would be welcomed.

tn_medic_533

I have downloaded v49 and I can not get it to open the main screen of the program. What suggestions might anyone have for me.

Got v49 up and identifying tones, but it keeps showing this error message:

done writing WAV
['00:00', ' ']
['00:00', ' ']
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x01F9870>
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 318, in alert
ValueError: invalid literal for int<> with base 10: ' '

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this and get the pages through to my phone?

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i am getting this error

done writing WAV
['00:00', '13:25', '00:00', '00:00']
['00:00', '13:35', '00:00', '00:00']
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x03096330>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 332, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect49\outPYZ1.pyz/subprocess", line
679, in __init__
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect49\outPYZ1.pyz/subprocess", line
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

aaknitt

Feed Provider
The errors in the two previous posts are likely caused by not having downloaded ffmpeg.exe and placed in the program directory. Read the README.txt file that came with the program for info on where to download the file from.

Andy

tn_medic_533

The errors in the two previous posts are likely caused by not having downloaded ffmpeg.exe and placed in the program directory. Read the README.txt file that came with the program for info on where to download the file from.

Andy

Andy,
Think this is a wonderful program and thank you very much for creating it. I did download the ffmpeg.exe from the link on your webpage and put it in the main folder of the v49. Still having the problem with that error code though. I am very excited to get v49 up and running due to the fact that our 911 center does do the stacked pages and about 30-40 people have their numbers in multiple district alerts that surround them. Any other suggestions that you might have for me?

Thanks,
Justin

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,
Think this is a wonderful program and thank you very much for creating it. I did download the ffmpeg.exe from the link on your webpage and put it in the main folder of the v49. Still having the problem with that error code though. I am very excited to get v49 up and running due to the fact that our 911 center does do the stacked pages and about 30-40 people have their numbers in multiple district alerts that surround them. Any other suggestions that you might have for me?

Thanks,
Justin

Ah I didn't look at it closely enough. This error has to do with the exclude_from and exclude_to fields in the tones.cfg file. If you are using those fields, what do you have them set to? If you're not using them, delete those lines from the tones.cfg file and that should clear up the problem for you.

Andy

tn_medic_533

Ah I didn't look at it closely enough. This error has to do with the exclude_from and exclude_to fields in the tones.cfg file. If you are using those fields, what do you have them set to? If you're not using them, delete those lines from the tones.cfg file and that should clear up the problem for you.

Andy

Andy,
Got it to identify the two tone sets I have been testing with, but now it is throwing up the error that Police Chaser has posted. The only difference is mine has two sets of 00:00 instead of having the 4 sets like his and one has the 13:25.

Justin