TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

rzq4x4

I am having no problem with GMAIL sending the pages for two different departments using two different GMAIL accounts. AT&T and Verizon are our primary carriers and we receive the pages within about 1 minute of the pages being sent.

dbarnett

I've only ever used gmail, so I can't offer much insight. I know others on here have used other servers, perhaps they could comment. Gmail has seemed to work ok for me so I haven't done any experimentation with others.

Andy

Thanks Andy, the long tone line fix got me up and running. I am getting emails ok but not getting MMS still. Prob a config issue on my end, but not sure.

Our dispatch center uses the same long tone before any 2 tone page to confirm the tower is working. Here is my config, this way I catch all calls and not just the ones for my dept.

[Longtone1]
Longtone = 539.0 ;Long tone frequency in Hz
Longtonelength = 7 ; Length of the long tone in seconds
Longtonedebounce = 0 ;Value between 0 and 4 that specifies how many times in a Description = Long Tone Page
mp3_emails = 309#######@messaging.nextel.com,dou######@hotmail.com amr_Emails = 3092######@messaging.nextel.com

johnmac

Feed Provider
Andy,
Can you tell me what email programs the program can use to send the messages out? I am having a lot of trouble with Gmail. There are some pages that are not getting to some people's phones for up to 15 minutes after a page is received. I'm not sure but I think it is Gmail so I am wondering what email servers this program can use so I can try switching it to see if that will correct this problem or do you happen to have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Justin

Is there any chance this is a problem on the receiving end where the mail is only checked every XX minutes, rather than pushed to the computer or phone. Just another thought!!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
C:\Program Files\TwoToneDetect>twotonedetect54c_debug
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 131, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

trying to run the latest release on windows 7 and it will not start up

here is the config file

[Section1]
email_user = emailuserid ;user id to log in to email account used for sending emails
email_pwd = cGFzc3dvcmQ= ;password to log into email account used for sending emails encoded in base64
email_server = smtp.gmail.com ;SMTP server address of email provider
email_port = 587 ;port to access email server with
record_seconds = 30 ;number of seconds of audio to record after a valid tone set is found
record_delay = 6 ;number of seconds to wait after a tone set is found before starting to record
tone_tolerance = .02 ;tolerance of tone detection algorithm 1% = .01
input_device_index = 0 ;index of audio input device
output_device_index = 0 ;index of audio output device
audio_threshold = 54 ;threshold of audio squelch. audio signals below this level will be ignored
playback_during_record = 1 ;1 = audio will be played back during recording, 0 = audio will not be played back during recording (silent record)
tone_offset = 0 ;tone offset in percentage. .01 = +1% tone offset, -.02 = -2% tone offset, etc.
scanner_port = none ;serial port used to control scanner
scanner_baud = 38400 ;baud rate of serial port used to control scanner
control_scanner = 0 ;1 = control Uniden scanner using serial port, 0 = do not use serial port for scanner control
mp3_bitrate = 32000 ;bit rate of mp3 encoder. Lower bitrate = smaller file size and lower audio quality

Just for grins, try manually changing input_device_index and output_device_index to 1. Not sure if that will help or not.

Andy

SCPD

QRT
Just for grins, try manually changing input_device_index and output_device_index to 1. Not sure if that will help or not.

Andy

hmm tried that...changed both two 1.....same error....no go.. actually tried every number from 0 - 9 and -1 with no luck ..same results

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Website Updated

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've made some updates to the program website to improve the instructions and "how to" for the program. Check it out here:

TwoToneDetect

Corrections or suggestions for improvement are always welcome. If someone wanted to take the time to translate this onto the RadioReference Wiki, that might be a good way to make sure it can easily be updated or changed (by someone other than me).

Andy

DC31

Feed Provider
Also I was wondering why when using TTD to text cell phones you always receive the message from a different number.
Example last text I got was from 14100000171 and the one before that from 14100000170
but when I open the text it says that its from my email address. Is this something that TTD does or Gmail. I have had a few people that would like to set up a contact and ring tone for the pages but with the changing number it’s not possible.
Any suggestions?

-chad3405

Try sending as a multimedia message rather than plain text. For AT&T use xxxxxx@mms.att.net and for verizon use xxxxxx@vzwpix.com. That works for me. As for the delay, my bet is on that being the result of the cell phone system. I have had some take 45 minutes on occasion.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I take it the freezing issues has been corrected with this latest release? What about the stack page issue I had mentioned previously? Right now I'm running multiple instances of the software at once as a work around.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I think the stacked page issue should be corrected. It may take a little bit of playing with the parameters. Not sure about the freezing, I haven't been able to replicate it.

Andy

tn_medic_533

Is there any chance this is a problem on the receiving end where the mail is only checked every XX minutes, rather than pushed to the computer or phone. Just another thought!!

John,
Thanks for the reply. I have decided to create a new Gmail account just for the TTD system in the county. The one I was running it through was the main email address for the local EMA office. We'll see how this works since I will have more control as far as cleaning out the sent mail box and such. Thanks again.

Justin

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Are the emails still being set from the To: field or did it get changed to the Bcc field?

h00sierdaddy

exclude time not working

Anyone having trouble getting the exclude time and email settings to work. I've set up the exclude start and end time using 24 hour format (ie 21:00). I've included all the emails that I want excluded and those emails are still receiving the alerts. Any ideas/suggestions.

BUMP...anyone?

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Are the emails still being set from the To: field or did it get changed to the Bcc field?

Still the To: field, but I'd love to see a Bcc option.

Anyone having trouble getting the exclude time and email settings to work. I've set up the exclude start and end time using 24 hour format (ie 21:00). I've included all the emails that I want excluded and those emails are still receiving the alerts. Any ideas/suggestions.
BUMP...anyone?

BUMP...anyone?

Yes, I haven't been able to get the exclude function to work. It's not imperative, but I'd love to get rid of the nightly county tests.

Last edited:
Hey Andy,

I've been getting alot of false trips. Like 75% of them have dead air or just talking.

Dispatch and Tac are on the same frequency. They all use two tones no long tones.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hey Andy,

I've been getting alot of false trips. Like 75% of them have dead air or just talking.

Dispatch and Tac are on the same frequency. They all use two tones no long tones.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

What version are you using, and what values are you using for Btonelength and Btonedebounce?

aliby19

Feed Provider
Well guess what, less than 24 hours later and it's locked up again...

<snip>

Any thoughts?

Andy -- I upgraded to v54c yesterday night, but am still getting the lock up issue/problem. Do you have any idea why this might be?

I went back down to 52 as that seems to be working best for me/does not have the lock up issue.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Can you PM me a copy of your tones.cfg file? The exclude time is working for me.

Got your PM, thanks. The problem is that the program doesn't handle an overnight case properly. It's expecting exclude_from to be earlier in the day than exclude_to. I'll work on getting a fix for that released, shouldn't be hard.

Andy