TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

planefixxer

No text message attachment

I've been using v.54 for about two weeks now. It seems to work great. the only issue I am having is that all the messages sent to mobile text addresses show [attachment(s).............mp3 remove]. The attachments go through just fine to an actual email address. Is this something that Gmail is doing? I've tried both mp3 and AMR with the same results.

unioner101

Hi Andy,

I am having a problem with the software and I was wondering if you had any ideas. I am running two instances connected to two different scanners (effectively scanner 1 and scanner 2).

When scanner 1 receives a trip it is using the audio from scanner 2. It is very bizarre to me because I have two separate sets of tone configuration. I have tested this away from the scanner antennas to ensure there is no bleed over and I also have ensured the audio levels for both scanners are working independently of each other. I am fairly sure it is a software issue because it does trip correctly.

Thanks for your help and also engineering such a wonderful program.

Kevin from NJ

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Select the soundcards for each instance of the software and then exit and reboot the computer.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Andy -- I was curious if it would be possible to run the program (Python source) on a Linux box, instead of on Windows?

If anyone else here has tried running TwoToneDetect on Linux, could you let me know? I'm curious how well this might work, as I keep having TTD lock up on my Windows XP box.

Thanks!

DC31

Feed Provider
1800 tone isn't detected

Andy,

I have been running V48 for several months and thought that I would upgrade to v54c because I wanted to run it on a Vista computer and the old Nokia converter didn't like that.

So I have it all set up and working with one problem. One of my A tones is 1800 Hz. The program will hear the 1800 hz fine (says 1796, see attachment) but does not activate an A tone detect. All the other A tones that I have programed in seem to work fine. 1900 detects just fine. 1500 detects just fine, etc.
But I can't get 1800 to work.

The tone tolerance is 0.02 and the tone offset is 0.0.

Any suggestions?

Here is the tone setup:
Atone = 1800.0
Btone = 1465.0
Btonelength = 1
Btonedebounce = 1

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

jawnah

Andy -- I was curious if it would be possible to run the program (Python source) on a Linux box, instead of on Windows?

If anyone else here has tried running TwoToneDetect on Linux, could you let me know? I'm curious how well this might work, as I keep having TTD lock up on my Windows XP box.

Thanks!
aliby19,

I've been reviewing the TTD source code and working to restructure the program to easily allow it to work in Linux. One of the biggest hurdles I've seen is problems getting the correct versions of the libraries to function on Linux (similar to how much of a pain it is to get them on 64-bit Windows). I have no date on when I will have a version to test, but I am working on it.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,

I have been running V48 for several months and thought that I would upgrade to v54c because I wanted to run it on a Vista computer and the old Nokia converter didn't like that.

So I have it all set up and working with one problem. One of my A tones is 1800 Hz. The program will hear the 1800 hz fine (says 1796, see attachment) but does not activate an A tone detect. All the other A tones that I have programed in seem to work fine. 1900 detects just fine. 1500 detects just fine, etc.
But I can't get 1800 to work.

The tone tolerance is 0.02 and the tone offset is 0.0.

Any suggestions?

Here is the tone setup:
Atone = 1800.0
Btone = 1465.0
Btonelength = 1
Btonedebounce = 1

Thanks for the help.

Wow that's bizarre. Is there any chance that you're using the same section heading for multiple tone sets? This can happen if you use copy/paste and don't change the section heading. For example, do you have two [Tone1] sections? That might cause something like this to happen. If that's not the case, could you PM me your tones.cfg file?

Thanks,

Andy

DC31

Feed Provider
Wow that's bizarre. Is there any chance that you're using the same section heading for multiple tone sets? This can happen if you use copy/paste and don't change the section heading. For example, do you have two [Tone1] sections? That might cause something like this to happen. If that's not the case, could you PM me your tones.cfg file?

Thanks,

Andy

Good catch, Andy. Yes, I only used the first sample tone and copied and pasted it multiple times, changing the section heading for each one. But then there are two other sample sections still remaining with the tone2 and tone3 headings way at the bottom. The tone sets that have the 1800 Atones are in the tone 2 and 3 sections that I copied and pasted. That could well be the reason that it is only the 1800 tones that are causing a problem. Will check it out later.

Thanks for the help

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Good catch, Andy. Yes, I only used the first sample tone and copied and pasted it multiple times, changing the section heading for each one. But then there are two other sample sections still remaining with the tone2 and tone3 headings way at the bottom. The tone sets that have the 1800 Atones are in the tone 2 and 3 sections that I copied and pasted. That could well be the reason that it is only the 1800 tones that are causing a problem. Will check it out later.

Thanks for the help

Yeah that makes sense. I think what's happening is that the ones at the bottom are overwriting the ones you have set up with the 1800 Hz tone, since they get read in last. So the program isn't even looking for 1800, it's looking for whatever's in the lower sample sections.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v55 Released

Version 55 Release Notes:
  • Fixed a bug with the exclude_emails feature that kept the feature from working if the exclude_from was before midnight and exclude_to was after midnight
  • Added a BCC option in the configuration menu. When checked, email addresses will be hidden to all recipients (BCC'ed)

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Andy

planefixxer

I've been using v.54 for about two weeks now. It seems to work great. the only issue I am having is that all the messages sent to mobile text addresses show [attachment(s).............mp3 remove]. The attachments go through just fine to an actual email address. Is this something that Gmail is doing? I've tried both mp3 and AMR with the same results.
Any help on the audio attachments not coming through with text message?

rzq4x4

Any help on the audio attachments not coming through with text message?

First are you sending the e-mail's to the phone's MMS or picture messaging address (xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net for AT&T)?

Second the mobile phone carriers limit the size of the MMS file you can receive on your phone. My config is setup to record for 45 seconds at an encoding rate of 16000 and that gives me a 333KB file that I haven't had any problems with Verizon or AT&T receiving.

I did try once recording 1.5 minutes at 16000 and the file would be stripped by the phone carriers since it was to big.

Hope this helps.

John

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Version 55 Release Notes:
  • Fixed a bug with the exclude_emails feature that kept the feature from working if the exclude_from was before midnight and exclude_to was after midnight
  • Added a BCC option in the configuration menu. When checked, email addresses will be hidden to all recipients (BCC'ed)

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks so much for the BCC option!!

planefixxer

I knew it was something I was doing. Emails were going to the SMS addresses. I didn't think of it, just used the addresses we use for IamResponding.com. Thanks for the help.

phartwig

I am having trouble getting 55 to open. I get the little hour glass but then nothing happens.

I also have updated to Version 55 and cannot seem to get it to open. I have the same problem with version 54c now as well. The hour glass will spin and then "nothing." I have been running version 54c for quite some time, but now within the last week it does not open. I am running WIndows 7. I can however open version 52 and it seem to work fine.

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Andy,

After playing with the BCC option, it seems that the email won't actually be sent out unless there is at least one recipient in the "To:" field. Is there a way to specify one recipient, perhaps the sender itself, and have the rest be sent as BCC addresses?