TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,

After playing with the BCC option, it seems that the email won't actually be sent out unless there is at least one recipient in the "To:" field. Is there a way to specify one recipient, perhaps the sender itself, and have the rest be sent as BCC addresses?

What email server are you using? I tested with gmail and it seemed to work. I can probably do what you're asking, I'll look into it.

Andy

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
What email server are you using? I tested with gmail and it seemed to work. I can probably do what you're asking, I'll look into it.

Andy

It seems to be working now - not sure what I did wrong initially, but everything seems to be functioning as intended.

alphagamma

Premium Subscriber
Old Error - No Solutions

I'm getting the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 61, in <module>
  File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect4\outPYZ1.pyz/ConfigParser", line
 322, in get
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'Section1'

I do have a config.cfg with [Section1] as the first line (and am using the config.cfg file from the latest TwoToneDetect40.zip). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I tried to start TwoTone today from a fresh download. I was unable to do so and I checked the config file, the Section 1 header is correct and I dont see anything abnormal. The debug file is showing this error. Any ideas would be appreciated.

520-61

Premium Subscriber
First time posting and hoping I did this right. This is GREAT piece of software and is working just fine, but I’ve got one question. My files are being sent (to email) as a .wav file. What do I need to do to have them sent as an mp3? ..or is this not an option? Thanks!

ispradiogroup

Audio

I have version 55 set up and working on WIN XP, The problem I have is the audio sounds like it is in fast forward, I had to use a lot of tone offset to make it read the correct tone in the program. Any ideas? Thanks

planefixxer

Version 55 audio files

Since installing version 55, the audio files are no longer saving in the "audio" folder. They show up as .wav files, but go away as soon as the email is sent. Also, they are no longer being converted and sent as .mp3. I downloaded the newest version of the "ffmpeg" today, but saw no change.

niagara6

FFMPEG instructions

Hi folks,

Just finding our about the TwoToneDirect and am pretty new to this technology, but I'd like to try this out and see if it meets our dept's needs. Would someone be willing to post some detailed instructions about how to install the FFMPEG software? i visited <http://sites.google.com/site/radioetcetera/twotoneprogram> and <http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/> and didn't find anything useful. When I download the latest Win32 static build FFMPEG 7Z file (FFmpeg git-4082198 32-bit Static) and unzip it, I get a whole bunch of files unzipped into some folder structure. Within these folders in the FFMEPG.exe file, but it is not in the top level TwoToneDirect folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

~Skojo

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
When I download the latest Win32 static build FFMPEG 7Z file (FFmpeg git-4082198 32-bit Static) and unzip it, I get a whole bunch of files unzipped into some folder structure. Within these folders in the FFMEPG.exe file, but it is not in the top level TwoToneDirect folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

~Skojo

All you have to do is move the ffmpeg.exe file into the same directory as TwoToneDetect folder, then fire up TwoToneDetect. The ffmpeg.exe file is not developed by Andy, nor distributed under the same license, so it cannot be (legally) bundled with TwoToneDetect.

Once you've moved the file into the same directory, TwoToneDetect should function correctly.

jessebelanger

Won't launch, Win XP SP3

Hey folks,

Been back and forth through the tread and can't find anyone with a comparable problem.

Basically, with a new install of v55, I get the "No option "longtonelength"" error, and the program closes. Once adding the Longtonelength = 7 to the tones file, the program won't launch at all.

Launching the debug program just leaves a blank cmd window. Task manager shows two instances of twotonedetect running but no activity in the debug window and the program window doesn't appear.

Windows XP SP3 with all updates. It is an old (pentium 3, lol!) pc, so I'm willing to accept that it may just be a problem with the machine and not the app. But any advice would be appreciated. :)

http://www.cariboufire.com/twotone.png

Last edited:

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Hey folks,

Been back and forth through the tread and can't find anyone with a comparable problem.

Basically, with a new install of v55, I get the "No option "longtonelength"" error, and the program closes. Once adding the Longtonelength = 7 to the tones file, the program won't launch at all.

Doesn't sound like an issue with the machine. Make sure you have your department's tone set up similarly to this:

Code:
[Longtone1]
Longtone = 707.3
Longtonedebounce = 0
Description = Long Tone Page

I think maybe you don't have the Longtonedebounce set up. Post your department's tone headers from the tones.cfg file, and we can go from there.

Last edited:

designed

Hey folks,

Launching the debug program just leaves a blank cmd window. Task manager shows two instances of twotonedetect running but no activity in the debug window and the program window doesn't appear.

Windows XP SP3 with all updates. It is an old (pentium 3, lol!) pc, so I'm willing to accept that it may just be a problem with the machine and not the app. But any advice would be appreciated. :)

If you are using the long tones for your setup we may have to look deeper, but I can re-create your problem. If you are not using the long tones simply comment them out of your config by placing a ; in front of each setting that is not used. And it should start up fine.
Example
;[Longtone1]
;Longtone = 707.3
;Longtonelength = 7
;Longtonedebounce = 0
;Description =
;amr_emails = email@address.com
;ignore_after = 60

SirSmith

SMTP Error

I love the program and am excited to get it up and running. So far it seems like I have everything setup correctly. It is decoding the tones, recording to .wav, converting to .mp3, but when it goes to mail it throws a ton of errors. I have attached a picture of the debug screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running the newest build on Windows XP.

Attachments

• 2TD Fail Pic.JPG
    2TD Fail Pic.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 676

jborst

what is the latest ffmpeg win-32 static build

Hi folks,

Instructions at this URL <http://sites.google.com/site/radioetcetera/twotoneprogram> say to download the latest ffmpeg build from this URL <http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-git-a254452-win32-static.7z>

When I go to this URL <http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/> to look at the builds, the one referenced above is not listed, but there is a build dated 3-25-2012 <http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-git-4082198-win32-static.7z>

Question: which ffmpeg build should I be using with v55 TwoToneDetect?

Skojo

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
I love the program and am excited to get it up and running. So far it seems like I have everything setup correctly. It is decoding the tones, recording to .wav, converting to .mp3, but when it goes to mail it throws a ton of errors. I have attached a picture of the debug screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running the newest build on Windows XP.

What email server are you using? Perhaps it's not configured correctly.

wgray582

Need some help as well...

I am having issues just starting the program. I have the same issue as posted by Joseph back a few pages. When I ran the debug through cmd, I got the following:

C:\Users\Home\Desktop\TwoToneDetect55>twotonedetect55_debug.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 135, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

The program attempts to start, but goes no where after just a few seconds. Has anyone found a fix?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows 7 on a Dell machine.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have been running v51 since it came out. That version is rock solid. It has been going for 24/7 since it came out with not a single problem.

Tim K.

jessebelanger

If you are using the long tones for your setup we may have to look deeper, but I can re-create your problem. If you are not using the long tones simply comment them out of your config by placing a ; in front of each setting that is not used. And it should start up fine.
Example
;[Longtone1]
;Longtone = 707.3
;Longtonelength = 7
;Longtonedebounce = 0
;Description =
;amr_emails = email@address.com
;ignore_after = 60

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Program still sits at an empty prompt and does nothing, although two instances still appear in task manager.

Stumped.

KC2PPE

New User

I am a new user to TTD I am using ver. 55 and it's just great. Thanks for doing this. We are testing it out with 3 sets of tones (3 departments) with 2 email address and 3 text numbers (2 Verizon 1 AT&T) so far so good. Only had it up and running for 3 days.If it keeps working we will put in more members text numbers. we have 50+ members most of them with cell phones that this will work on. Has anyone had problems with large numbers of users and all of them getting the message. Once more thanks for everyone's hard work to keep this working.

Eddie Murphy
KC2PPE
kc2ppe@stny.rr.com