TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy, Looks like 55a fixed the problem of a couple departments not being detected. The problem I'm running into now is that in a few cases, the stacked page detection doesn't seem to be working. It is only detecting one set of tones, and not the other.

The most common occurence is when the ambulance service is being dispatched with two specific departments. TwoToneDetect detects ambulance service's tones, but doesn't detect the fire department's.

However, when either of the departments are being dispatched without the ambulance service, it seems to work just fine/no issues. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

What are the tone sets in question and what does your tones.cfg file look like for those two tone sets? I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Andy

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
new download

I just loaded v55a on a win7 desktop. I click run and it appears to be attempting to start and then nothing. Same thing with the debug program. At least the debug program flashes really quick and the disappears. Any ideas? Thanks.
Joe

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I just loaded v55a on a win7 desktop. I click run and it appears to be attempting to start and then nothing. Same thing with the debug program. At least the debug program flashes really quick and the disappears. Any ideas? Thanks.
Joe

Run the debug version from the command line instead of double clicking on it and see what the error is.

Andy

Fire2104

mail sending issue..

ok I finally got it to detect our tones.........and it does create an audio file...actually 2 files....but anyhow it does not send mail....here is the debug it shows

ong Tone Found! 18:59:04
delay timer 18:59:04
344.0 Atone1
2898.0Atone2
waiting for audio 18:59:05
recording audio 18:59:05
done writing WAV 18:59:23
done converting to MP3 18:59:23
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x01531230>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 465, in alert
File "<string>", line 296, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WCFPD_2012-04-2318_59_23_
109000.mp3'
done writing WAV 18:59:33
done converting to MP3 18:59:33
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WCFPD_2012-04-2318_59_33_
937000.mp3'

Fire2104

Joe

Joe, same thing here on win xp 32 bit, so I am using the previous version, I tried it on 2 different machines

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
I ran it from the command line and this is what it says:
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 135 in <module>
NameError name: 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

Any ideas?

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
ok I finally got it to detect our tones.........and it does create an audio file...actually 2 files....but anyhow it does not send mail....here is the debug it shows

ong Tone Found! 18:59:04
delay timer 18:59:04
344.0 Atone1
2898.0Atone2
waiting for audio 18:59:05
recording audio 18:59:05
done writing WAV 18:59:23
done converting to MP3 18:59:23
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WCFPD_2012-04-2318_59_23_
109000.mp3'
done writing WAV 18:59:33
done converting to MP3 18:59:33
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WCFPD_2012-04-2318_59_33_
937000.mp3'

Are you using any special characters in the tone description? If so, try removing them and see if that fixes it.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I ran it from the command line and this is what it says:
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 135 in <module>
NameError name: 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

Any ideas?

A few people have been getting that lately. Basically it means that the program can't find any audio devices on your system. I'm not sure what the root cause is or how to fix it. I think one person may have had some luck by updating his sound card drivers, but I'm not sure about that.

Andy

kb2ear

Premium Subscriber
Email server

My local server does not allow usernames of user@domain.tld, and as best I can tell the software gets the username and email address from the email userid setup field. To allow other servers to work it might be better to have to seperate fields one for email username and another for email address.

kenmaples

Well the update of drivers didn't help. anybody have any ideas?

Double check what your default recording device is set to (in Windows). I have seen some strange behavior if the sound device has an application suite that attempts to become the default device.

I have been using this product (and the old version) for a couple years now. I can't say thank you enough!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
no other ideas?

Make sure you have the program installed in a folder that you have full admin rights to. Some people have had problems putting it in the Program Files directory because Windows prevents you from making file changes depending on your permissions.

Andy

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Make sure you have the program installed in a folder that you have full admin rights to. Some people have had problems putting it in the Program Files directory because Windows prevents you from making file changes depending on your permissions.

Andy

Actually I have the folder under programs, I will try that too. I installed v55 under documents and that works when I connect a scanner to it. It will not work unless the scanner is connected to it.

Fire2104

Andy

it is the admin account.....which is the only account on the computer.....

there are 2 line errors I see,,,and it says it cannot see the file it just created.....

maybe I need to trash this and look for another option?