TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

DC31

Feed Provider
Email vs text on iPhone

In IOS6 Apple introduced the VIP folder in the Mail app on the iPhone. I have had good luck with it receiving and notifying me of the pages from TTD. Put the gmail address that your program SENDS from in as a VIP and then adjust your notification settings a needed to get an alert. You will also need to set up the account that you RECEIVE the email at for push delivery.

With mine set up this way, i usually receive the VIP notification just before i receive the text message.

For those of you with text delivery problems, this might be a good workaround for your iPhone customers. I am not at all familiar with the other platforms (android, etc.) to know if a similar feature is available there.

I have also tried an App called Enotify which can do the above with more bells and whistles. However, i have been unable to figure that App out and make it work successfully. That App has one nice feature, an override silent option. If you have your phone on silent, the alert that you have set is supposed to sound nevertheless when the page email is received.

DC31

Feed Provider
False tone detection

Andy,
I don't have a serious falsing problem, maybe once a week at the most. I had an odd one this morning. Dept A's tones were sent out (672/1232) and Dept B alerted (1036/1232). Far enough apart so I wouldn't normally expect this. I grabbed the audio recording, see image. When analyzing the spectrum on this, the short piece of audio just in advance of the tones contains a dominant frequency of 1036. it appears TTD saw this then alerted when the second tone of 1232 started at 23:50.5. That short piece of audio is just dead air no real transmission. Is the fix for this to bump up the audio threshold in config.cfg? How much should that be adjusted? Mine is currently set at 50.

Been running TTD for almost two years now. First v48, now v55. It works extremely well. I am monitoring 22 tone sets for about a dozen departments.

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,
I don't have a serious falsing problem, maybe once a week at the most. I had an odd one this morning. Dept A's tones were sent out (672/1232) and Dept B alerted (1036/1232). Far enough apart so I wouldn't normally expect this. I grabbed the audio recording, see image. When analyzing the spectrum on this, the short piece of audio just in advance of the tones contains a dominant frequency of 1036. it appears TTD saw this then alerted when the second tone of 1232 started at 23:50.5. That short piece of audio is just dead air no real transmission. Is the fix for this to bump up the audio threshold in config.cfg? How much should that be adjusted? Mine is currently set at 50.

Been running TTD for almost two years now. First v48, now v55. It works extremely well. I am monitoring 22 tone sets for about a dozen departments.

Yeah that's a tough one. I think the best solution would be to increase the audio threshold, as you mentioned. That's the same as moving the slider bar on the main screen. The exact value will be dependent on your computer audio settings and your radio volume, so I can't give you a good number to use. You'll need to find a setting that opens the "squelch" during the tones but not during the "dead air" keyups.

Andy

nette268

Is anyone having an issue with the program sending a recording for a tone when a tone has not gone off? I have set up multiple tones for my department, such as station tones, and recall/Duty squad/Box tones. For the past few days, the program has sent various recall/Duty squad tones to my Chief and Deputy in the middle of the night when in reality, it was just a recording of department activity. It seems to be recording department activity when there is no tone present, but thinks there is a tone. It mainly records random radio traffic for the Duty squad and Box tones, but does for station 1 tone - just not as frequent. I'm not sure how to fix it and was looking for some help if possible. Here are my tone settings below. Thanks again!

[Tone1]
Atone = 1217.8
Btone = 1901
Btonelength = 3
Btonedebounce = 3
Description = Duxbury Fire Station 1
mp3_Emails =
amr_Emails = 781*******@vzwpix.com
ignore_after = 60
radio_frequency = 460.575

[Tone2]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1153.4
Btonelength = 3
Description = Duty Squad 1
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = bost*********@gmail.com,alerts@all***********.com
amr_emails = 781*******@vzwpix.com,508*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com

[Tone3]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1185.2
Btonelength = 3
Description = Duty Squad 2
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = bos*******@gmail.com,alerts@all**********.com
amr_emails = 508*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com

[Tone4]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1217.8
Btonelength = 3
Description = Duty Squad 3
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = bos********@gmail.com,alerts@all***********.com
amr_emails = 781*******@vzwpix.com,508*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com

[Tone5]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1251.4
Btonelength = 3
Description = Duty Squad 4
mp3_emails = bos*********@gmail.com,alerts@all************.com
amr_emails = 508*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com,781*******@vzwpix.com
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60

[Tone6]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1901
Btonelength = 3
Description = Box
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = bos********@gmail.com,alerts@all************.com

[Tone7]
Atone = 1251.4
Btone = 1901
Btonelength = 3
Description = Chief_Deputy
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = bos********@gmail.com,alerts@all****************.com

[Tone8]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1357.6
Btonelength = 3
Description = Tech Rescue
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = alerts@all**************.com,bos***********@gmail.com

[Tone9]
Atone = 1743
Btone = 1285.5
Btonelength = 3
Description = Medic
Btonedebounce = 3
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = bos***********@gmail.com,alerts@all******************.com

Thanks for the help last time, it has fixed that a lot and here is my new programming of tones I have set up. The only issue I am having now is when duty squad 4 tone goes off, it records it and sends it as a medic tone. Let me know what you guys think and a good way to fix it, Thanks.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Maybe try two instances of TTD with close tone sets split into separate instances?

Thanks for the help last time, it has fixed that a lot and here is my new programming of tones I have set up. The only issue I am having now is when duty squad 4 tone goes off, it records it and sends it as a medic tone. Let me know what you guys think and a good way to fix it, Thanks.

kenmaples

I think this is the samething I posted about yesterday. Based on your tone tolerance, calculate the valid tone range for the two B tones. I expect that you will find an overlap.

I dialed down the tone tolerance after validating that TTD sees my tones very close to what is expected/confgured.

aaknitt

Feed Provider

Changing the tone tolerance should fix that. If you're using the default tone tolerance of 2%, the tolerance bands for 1285.5 and 1251.4 overlap. Since the A tones are the same, those tone sets look identical as far as the program is concerned. If you change the tone tolerance to 1% that should take care of the issue, as the tolerance bands for those two frequencies won't overlap any more.

Andy

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
It seems my Posterous page has been disabled since Twitter took over. What's everybody else using to Autopost their Fire Pages to the web?

gfdfortynine

It seems my Posterous page has been disabled since Twitter took over. What's everybody else using to Autopost their Fire Pages to the web?

I have been using posterous with the same terrible results so I gave up on the audio posts. They have been having server problems apparently.... I am using it for text only posting on twitter for KFR paging and its better. If you were only doing text paging ie. PDW, tweetymail works excellent but you pay for that service. I'm not sure if you can do audio with it.
I usually end up sending a complaint to posterous and it starts working. One thing to remember if you've been sending it to posterous its still there some where. When the service starts working everything will all of a sudden be sent. The KFR guys have a heart attack when they all of a sudden get 50 fire pages on their phones. :D

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v58a Released

Hi everyone,

I just posted v58a on the program page. This version has a bug fix for the ignore_after handling that was causing the "index error" issues. Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Andy

Smoky13

A couple things to try:

1. Where are the brackets around Tone 1 tone 2, etc.? The correct format is [Tone1] for each of these, no space between Tone and 1 either. Use this format for each tone set.

2. Use the same seven lines beneath the [ToneX] that you used in Tone 1. Set each of the Btonelength's to 2 and each Btonedebounce to 2.

Then give it a try.

Copied the lines from the first [toneX] for the rest and put the tones in again. Found out the Btone for the one dept was incorrect. Fixed it and put the Btonedebounce to 0 and b tone length for 2 depts to 2. Now works for all three depts.

Thanks for the help

DC31

Feed Provider
Copied the lines from the first [toneX] for the rest and put the tones in again. Found out the Btone for the one dept was incorrect. Fixed it and put the Btonedebounce to 0 and b tone length for 2 depts to 2. Now works for all three depts.

Thanks for the help

If you experience a problem with false pages, increase your btonedebounce value. I leave all mine set at 2.

pete133

Feed Provider
numbers in a column form

is it possible to use something other than notepad , to put the cell numbers in a column form?

Ofdpt23

Need help with twotonedetect

Hello. I have downloaded the twotonedetect software for use with my department. I have it set so it records the audio from my scanner, and saves the file on my computer. The trouble that i'm having is getting the software to communicate with my email client so it sends out the audio mp3. I've tried setting it up useing gmail email to send the file, as well as my isp provided email, both with no luck. Could you shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? please email me any sudgestions at ofdpt23@gmail.com

oab2

Feed Provider
is it possible to use something other than notepad , to put the cell numbers in a column form?

If I am editing a large list I use excel. Then I am able to have formula's for appending the carrier's info. When I get the column of addresses the way I want, I then copy that column into an new sheet (paste values only) and save as that sheet as a csv (comma separated file). This is where the great program notepad ++ comes in handy. Open the csv with notepad ++ and do find and replace (ctl h) for all the end of lines & newlines "\r\n" (w/o quotes) and replace with a comma. Make sure extended is selected under Search Mode. That will give you one long line of all your addresses.

Great thing about notepad++ is it adds itself to the context menu (right click on a file), so you can right click on you tones file and select edit with notepad++ and it will open and be easily editable in notepad++.

kenmaples

Hello. I have downloaded the twotonedetect software for use with my department. I have it set so it records the audio from my scanner, and saves the file on my computer. The trouble that i'm having is getting the software to communicate with my email client so it sends out the audio mp3. I've tried setting it up useing gmail email to send the file, as well as my isp provided email, both with no luck. Could you shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? please email me any sudgestions at ofdpt23@gmail.com

First thing to do would be to run the debug exe from a command line. This will allow you to capture the issue that the program encounters when it tries to send email. Also make sure that you are entering your email details via the gui and directly via a text editor.

If you get an error output and still need help, post it here.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I'm still on 55a on my software, because 56 was giving me problems as far as missing tones and not sending e-mails. 55a is running very stable for me, except for one minor glitch. During last night's 2100 hour test, the station following my own (not sure if they are the only station that does it) was being decoded, and froze at the same frequency as it has before, it has done this several times. I'm being very reluctant to switch to the newer versions, as I'm afraid I'll have the same problems as v56.

ttd55aglitch.jpg

Every time this one has froze (I run two separate units, one that is a "No Audio" which sends a 0.1s clip, more or less a "pager activation" text, and it sends the recording later), it has been at this exact frequency for some reason.

kenmaples

I'm still on 55a on my software, because 56 was giving me problems as far as missing tones and not sending e-mails.

I would recommend that you test out the latest version of 58. It provides you the ability to send a text email notifications at the time of alert with out running multiple copies. Also I am not sure that Andy has time to go back multiple versions to check for bugs. If anything was known they would be resolved in the latest version.

I always run a test setup for a few days after a new release that posts the tones to a wordpress site for me to review later. This keeps from confusing those that would nornally get the tones should there be a problem.

iamhere300

Has anyone come up with a way to automatically update facebook with each call? They used to have a way to send an email to a specific email address and it would go directly onto the time line, but I can't find that anymore. The directions they have for mobile don't work anymore.