TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I have the latest version of ffmpeg 32bit static in TTD's folder, and it is converting the files, but sending as .wav and not mp3's.

That doesn't make sense. If it's sending mp3 to an email address, it should also be sending them to the MMS addresses. If it's saving as mp3, it should also be sending as mp3.

Andy

iceman977th

Feed Provider
That doesn't make sense. If it's sending mp3 to an email address, it should also be sending them to the MMS addresses. If it's saving as mp3, it should also be sending as mp3.

Andy

I know right?

Well, I'm at a loss. I'm narrowing it down to somewhere between our server and AT&T is not letting it pass through...Just to chalk the list up

On our server, using Admin Email or while sending a page...Verizon, Sprint, etc. will all receive fine, but not mms.att.net at all

On our webmail, we can send e-mails to mms.att.net without an issue.

On Gmail, everything works fine and mms.att.net along with everyone else will receive without an issue.

I'm at a loss of words...we're just gonna try to call AT&T tomorrow or next week and see what's going on.

NvFire

Feed Provider
MP3 fail

Recently started using the two tone detect for my fire department and first I'll start by saying thank you very much for this great service its allowing my dept which has a small operating budget keep up with the times and improving or responses.

I am having an issue tho, the txt and email all work great however I can't get it to send the MP3 attachment along with the msg. I followed all the instructions and even tried watching some YouTube videos. The recording works if I send it to an email address but when I send it to a phone converted to a txt the attachment isn't there.

Any advise On What to try?

DC31

Feed Provider
Recently started using the two tone detect for my fire department and first I'll start by saying thank you very much for this great service its allowing my dept which has a small operating budget keep up with the times and improving or responses.

I am having an issue tho, the txt and email all work great however I can't get it to send the MP3 attachment along with the msg. I followed all the instructions and even tried watching some YouTube videos. The recording works if I send it to an email address but when I send it to a phone converted to a txt the attachment isn't there.

Any advise On What to try?

Show us an example of the email address you are using to send to a phone.

NvFire

Feed Provider
It will send the msg and have a msg about a file but no attachment along with it.

DC31

Feed Provider
It will send the msg and have a msg about a file but no attachment along with it.

Lots of others have reported problems delivering to Canadian phones. Your audio file is a multimedia attachment and needs to be sent attached to an MMS message (multimedia messsaging service). The address you are showing looks like an SMS message (simple messaging service). The txt in the address indicates that it is likely SMS. Sending to an SMS address results in what you are seeing, a message with no audio attachment. A brief internet search seems to show that Bell Canada dies not have an MMS gateway. Unless you can find an MMS address to send to, you may be out of luck. Some people work around this on a smart phone by setting up a dedicated email account for receiving alerts and then enabling push notifications for that account.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I know right?

Well, I'm at a loss. I'm narrowing it down to somewhere between our server and AT&T is not letting it pass through...Just to chalk the list up

On our server, using Admin Email or while sending a page...Verizon, Sprint, etc. will all receive fine, but not mms.att.net at all

On our webmail, we can send e-mails to mms.att.net without an issue.

On Gmail, everything works fine and mms.att.net along with everyone else will receive without an issue.

I'm at a loss of words...we're just gonna try to call AT&T tomorrow or next week and see what's going on.

Can you forward me one of the messages to andy@twotonedetect.net ?

owenhoover

Feed Provider
I am running v65c and just today started having problems with gmail...
Says <class 'smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused'>(553, '5.1.2 The address specified is not a valid RFC-5321 address. h67sm2003098ywe.32 - gsmtp', 'versaillesruralfire')<traceback object at 0x02C658C8> While trying to send to: "owen" <##########@mms.uscc.net>

NvFire

Feed Provider
i got the service working for some yesterday, it appears tho after speaking with bell that there network does not support the sending of mp3 of wav files from email to phone trough mms. this seems very strange to me since were able to do it with telus customers no issue.. anyone else her using bell?

Ashes80

There are so many factors that weigh in here. After months of losing my mind with various configurations and email providers etc. It depends on who you talk to. Telus tells me that the the sending of anything other then pics via MMS is currently blocked due to malware issues....Telus works fine for me, mind you depending on what email provider I use. I'am working with them to whitelist a domain that I want to use we will see how that works out. I'm currently using gmail. 6 months ago gmail would not work for me but alas is working like a top this month. I have taken the advice of Andy and added the mms numbers as contacts in gmail maybe that made the difference. I wish I had something definitive to help you with your problem but as you can see it appears as though it is a crap shoot.

I am slowly adding users to the list of recipients I case somewhere along the line someone gets spooked and thinks I'm spamming.

I will add a bell user and report back in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feed Provider
Says <class 'smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused'>(553, '5.1.2 The address specified is not a valid RFC-5321 address. h67sm2003098ywe.32 - gsmtp', 'versaillesruralfire')<traceback object at 0x02C658C8> While trying to send to: "owen" <##########@mms.uscc.net>

I am also getting the same thing

Westernbound

Possible Fix

I also begin getting the same message when trying to send through Gmail. Last night, 11-3-15, emails from TTD went out fine, today they do not. I can send fine with the account using Windows live mail, but TTD failed to send the messages.

I was able to correct the problem by adding the @gmail.com to the Email UserId on the config screen. I don't know why that fixed it, or if it will permanently fix it, but it is working at this moment.

Westernbound

More Info

I also begin getting the same message when trying to send through Gmail. Last night, 11-3-15, emails from TTD went out fine, today they do not. I can send fine with the account using Windows live mail, but TTD failed to send the messages.

I was able to correct the problem by adding the @gmail.com to the Email UserId on the config screen. I don't know why that fixed it, or if it will permanently fix it, but it is working at this moment.

While searching this problem I found the Following Answer from Brandon on the Gmail Forum
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/gmail/2tK2fR7yW-k/CT5u-VBpgp8J

Brandon L said:
Hey all -

Yes, in the past week we've rolled out a change which enforced validation of the MAIL FROM argument to be a valid RFC 5321 email address.

This validation occurs across all SMTP servers Gmail operates, so for inbound MX servers, smtp.gmail.com MSA submission servers and GfW SMTP Relay servers. Previously, we were doing validation at later stages which could cause message bounces and other issues. This change pushed the validation to the first use so people are more aware of the issue.

For the MSA case (third party clients using smtp.gmail.com and user logins), we've rewritten the MAIL FROM to match one of the user's valid custom from addresses (or empty in the case of bounces) for a large number of years. This apparently has allowed folks to have mis-configuration that persisted for a long time. It also means that we're seeing a bunch of failures from third party devices like Samsung and Foscam cameras, and third party software like SyncBackup. We are likely to have to relax these requirements for the MSA case because of this, but the ETA for such a fix is maybe the end of this week or beginning of next week.

We are not planning on relaxing the requirements for MX and Relay, however. In those cases, we don't really have a good address to override to, and if we don't override them, the messages are incapable of bouncing, which can cause people to perceive delivery failures as message loss.

Also, a warning: we're thankful for the SMTP transaction traces that several people provided, but be warned that the transaction trace for an MSA transaction will contain authentication information that people can steal and use. Please remove or XXXX any long character strings in the AUTH portion of the log.

Thanks for the reports, and sorry for the confusion.

Brandon

Feed Provider

Yes it fixed mine as well by adding that. Good Job Westernbound

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Yes it fixed mine as well by adding that. Good Job Westernbound

You guys beat me to it, good work! The post Westernbound made is what I was also going to post. Basically Gmail added some restrictions that ended up messing up quite a few email services, not just TTD. They are in the process of loosening some of those restrictions right now, as I just had some emails go through without the @gmail.com and then they failed again a short time later.

I would expect that things will start working again "on their own" within days, but the "correct" fix is to add the @gmail.com to your Email UserID field. For example, you want to enter username@gmail.com in the EmailUserID field, not just username.

I've added a note on the main TTD page to highlight this.

Andy

Ashes80

Hey Guys, means this seems to be the most active thread around TwoTone issues & assistance, I'll post here.

I'm having issues with the length of my recordings. No matter what/where I set durations to the recording always ends up being 40 seconds.

Thanks

MikeOrlando02

Push Notifications to iPhone &amp; Android

Wondering if anyone has ever experimented with push notifications to iPhone and Android phones alerting that a page has been detected... I would like to get an alert to users right away indicating the pager has gone off. I know this could be done by text message, but it seems that text messages can get hung up and delayed.

I have been toying with pushover.net to send push notifications via their app. Basically, you download their app to receive push notifications. When you sign up on their web site they will give you a push email address that will activate the notification on your app. Seems like the easiest solution would be to put that push email address into your text-only notification list in TTD and then you get text notifications.

They also have script support for push notifications and I experimented with that thinking it would be faster and more reliable that relying on email gateways. Seems like only a second faster; however now people need to subscribe to your pushover.net app/group and if you host multiple agencies/tones you need to create multiple apps/groups within Pushover.

The down side is that the app is a 7 day trial and after that each user who would want to receive push notifications by email gateway or script would have to pay $4.99 as a one-time fee. If $5 is worth it for the push notification speed over the text message alert it may be ideal for some, seems a bit steep when you add up what it could cost for everyone.

If you want to experiment for yourself, I attached the batch file that I used to run as a script to send the push notification.

-Mike

Attachments

• push.TXT
    734 bytes · Views: 98

DC31

Feed Provider
Hey Guys, means this seems to be the most active thread around TwoTone issues & assistance, I'll post here.

I'm having issues with the length of my recordings. No matter what/where I set durations to the recording always ends up being 40 seconds.

Thanks

Ash, can you post your config.cfg file with the email credentials removed?