TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

yoseffby

What you are describing sounds basically normal. The audio level should be low when no one is talking and high when there is an active transmission on the frequency being monitored. You want the squelch slider adjusted slightly above the base level

I apologize if I wasn't clear, essentially when the system boots the level is very low, once the first transmission comes through it equalizes to where I have the squelch set and stays there but I have also seen times where it stays very high. None of these cases are during actual radio traffic. So the issue is unpredictable base audio levels. I feel like its a software issue since it is repeating with every boot cycle. Thanks for your reply

DC31

Feed Provider
I apologize if I wasn't clear, essentially when the system boots the level is very low, once the first transmission comes through it equalizes to where I have the squelch set and stays there but I have also seen times where it stays very high. None of these cases are during actual radio traffic. So the issue is unpredictable base audio levels. I feel like its a software issue since it is repeating with every boot cycle. Thanks for your reply
Do you have RealVNC activated on your pi? If so, send me an invite at jim.burnham.gm@gmail.com so I can take a look.

jhsands

Feed Provider

Check your audio cable ground. Is your audio cable grounding through the Pi? Is it a scanner or radio? Are you using a discriminator or speaker out?

I use PM400s with pins 11 and 7 for my audio in. CM300s use the same pins.

ahaas

I'm having trouble starting TTD from a .desktop config file. I'm using this to place in the ~/.config/autostart/ directory to have TTD start with boot. Upon debugging why it won't work I'm running into the program bailing out when "instance_id" is "undefined" per terminal logs. I've tried setting the instance_id in the GUI and in the config.cfg file. Any ideas? If I execute the executable directly by hand it loads up just fine.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm having trouble starting TTD from a .desktop config file. I'm using this to place in the ~/.config/autostart/ directory to have TTD start with boot. Upon debugging why it won't work I'm running into the program bailing out when "instance_id" is "undefined" per terminal logs. I've tried setting the instance_id in the GUI and in the config.cfg file. Any ideas? If I execute the executable directly by hand it loads up just fine.
I've not used the .desktop config file method before to autostart, but it sounds as if TTD may be trying to run from a location other than where the config.cfg file is located? When I run .sh scripts for autostart I first change to the TTD directory (cd /home/pi/TTD) before running. I'm not sure if you need to do something similar with the .desktop method or not.

Andy

ahaas

I've not used the .desktop config file method before to autostart, but it sounds as if TTD may be trying to run from a location other than where the config.cfg file is located? When I run .sh scripts for autostart I first change to the TTD directory (cd /home/pi/TTD) before running. I'm not sure if you need to do something similar with the .desktop method or not.

Andy
Thank you! Here I am all night resorting to a symlink at one point and you reminded me I could just right a shell script and have it launch the executable at boot.

N9XZV

TTD hangs/stops responding randomly

Hello I am currently running TTD ver 7.1c on Windows 10.
At some time in the last several version updates since version 7.0, I have begun seeing the TTD program randomly stop responding.

When I check the program, the Google Chrome user interface is visible on the desltop, but when audio from the radio is present, there is no motion of the audio level control. I am able to restore the program to proper operation by clicking the shutdown button, and restarting the program. Unfortunately, the only way I can tell whether the program has stopped working is if I can hear the tones, and then I do not recieve a text message from the program. (Of course, this is if I am near a radio, which is not often.) I can then check the program as described above.

I see that there has been added a "heartbeat" function to help discern whether the program is operating correctly. However, the heartbeat log file that is produced contains the following example string: "1571235448.12".

Question: I assume that this string is a time stamp of some sort. Does anyone know what format this is? Aside from using the modify timestamp of the heartbeat log file, I do not know how this would help me to know whether the program is operatiing correctly so I could automate shutting down and restarting the program.

A while back, prior to version 7.0 I was able to check for the existence of TwoToneDetect.exe to tell if the program was responding. However, since version 7.0, it seems that there are two instances of TwoToneDetect.exe, so the batch file that we were using to detect proper operation will not be definative.

I will try to go back to an earlier 7.x version to see if I can get more reliable operation. I do not have any versions earlier than 7.0.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

DC31

Feed Provider
I see that there has been added a "heartbeat" function to help discern whether the program is operating correctly. However, the heartbeat log file that is produced contains the following example string: "1571235448.12".

Question: I assume that this string is a time stamp of some sort. Does anyone know what format this is? Aside from using the modify timestamp of the heartbeat log file, I do not know how this would help me to know whether the program is operatiing correctly so I could automate shutting down and restarting the program.

A while back, prior to version 7.0 I was able to check for the existence of TwoToneDetect.exe to tell if the program was responding. However, since version 7.0, it seems that there are two instances of TwoToneDetect.exe, so the batch file that we were using to detect proper operation will not be definative.

I will try to go back to an earlier 7.x version to see if I can get more reliable operation. I do not have any versions earlier than 7.0.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Check this post in the v71 thread and then several subsequent ones.

jwjkp

Hey all, I run a service called "Text Me Out". In reality, despite the name, my service sends out notifications to iOS and Android devices through push notifications. This service is compatible with Two Tone Detect. The only fee is a one-time $5 app install fee for each user. If interested, use the contact us page on my website https://textmeout.com/

This will help solve problems of txt/mms/email not working or being unreliable. It is also better than pushbullet and others as it is more dedicated to this purpose. I will send anyone interested a promo code to install the app for free to see how great it works with counties I already have on board.

celltech25

Anyone Having issues wtih TTD v71 and Pushbullet, Mine to 2 channels stopped after calls on Sunday I see TTD recording the calls but nothing ever shows up in PB. Nothing on the PC has changed its dedicated to TTD and PB I have reset TTD and waiting for another call to see what happens was just wondering if anyone else has had issues

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Thanks for your quick reply. I’m not sure what the pavucontrol is. Could you please explain? The virtual cable is also feeding Scannercast too.

DC31

Feed Provider
Pavucontrol is pulseaudio volume control. I apologize but my knowledge of ttd running on Windows is limited. Maybe the Windows version doesn’t use it? Assuming, of course, that you are running Windows. Most of my experience is with the Linux versions on the pi. Still, whatever VAC you are using, it would be sdr output to ttd input.

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Having several issues. Just updated our TTD computer to Win10 and TTD v71c. The recordings are now very scratchy as well as the online scanner. I don't believe TTD has anything to do with that, but I am trying to delay the start of recording the dispatch. I have entered the same value where it was in a previous version, but it is not working. Perhaps there is a different place for this value? Could anyone provide this info? Entered the value in the tones file at record_delay. Thanks for the replys!

johnmac

Feed Provider
I am running two instances of Two Tone Detect on windows 10. I just deleted Google Chrome and now the Two Tone Detect windows are hidden. Cannot find a way to bring them back to the Desktop. Task Manager shows them running. Any suggestions? Also, the programs do not show in the task bar.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hey all, I run a service called "Text Me Out". In reality, despite the name, my service sends out notifications to iOS and Android devices through push notifications. This service is compatible with Two Tone Detect. The only fee is a one-time $5 app install fee for each user. If interested, use the contact us page on my website https://textmeout.com/

This will help solve problems of txt/mms/email not working or being unreliable. It is also better than pushbullet and others as it is more dedicated to this purpose. I will send anyone interested a promo code to install the app for free to see how great it works with counties I already have on board.

How would it work for something like this https://twitter.com/RenfrewCntyScan I run TTD for an entire county but thats about 20 different Fire Depts. Do you allow for entertainment uses or strictly FF services. Ontop of the fire I also do EMS base pages.

Can the county be spilt up by FD, you install the app, pick the county and then pick the FD or EMS or everything.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I am running two instances of Two Tone Detect on windows 10. I just deleted Google Chrome and now the Two Tone Detect windows are hidden. Cannot find a way to bring them back to the Desktop. Task Manager shows them running. Any suggestions? Also, the programs do not show in the task bar.
Without Chrome the GUI won't open automatically but you can can still get to them on any browser.

Instance 1:

Instance2:

Andy