TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

jhsands

Feed Provider
Hi Andy.

Is August 1st still the planned date to stop the Audio Hosting?

Up until June 1st all my members were receiving their "Text Only" message with a URL Link where they could listen to the Audio.

Now none of them are getting it as of June 1st. This was until then; the only way Bell Customers in Canada could use TTD.

Any thoughts?

12:00:34 on 06/03/20 http://www.twotonedetect.net/ap.php?id=4b9e7

aaknitt

Feed Provider
hmmm...Appears to still "Work" for me as well when I go into the "Sent" folder of my gmail account its there and the link works...but not a single member on that list got it.

What Version are you running?
If it's showing as sent but not being received it's most likely being blocked by the carrier as spam.

Andy

Res21cue

Feed Provider
If it's showing as sent but not being received it's most likely being blocked by the carrier as spam.

Andy

Thats exactly what’s happening

I just did a PILE of testing

Suddenly on June 1st Bell Mobility Canada no longer plays nice with “.net” In a text as part of a URL. No idea why

I can manually change it to TwoToneDetect.com, .ca, .org All of which obviously don’t exist and they all go through instantly

but .net Which is at the end of the legit URL... that’s the culprit bad guy??

no idea how I could even begin to explain this to Bell Canada in the morning lol

johnmac

Feed Provider
I understand that I can get the latest version of TwoTone detect from "I am Responding", but I do not belong to any agency and have been using the software for a number of years for personal use. Is it possible to get it without filling out the form, which requires agency information.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I understand that I can get the latest version of TwoTone detect from "I am Responding", but I do not belong to any agency and have been using the software for a number of years for personal use. Is it possible to get it without filling out the form, which requires agency information.

IaR.png

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Why do you keep posting the IAR contact info?

@johnmac - in post 4037, aaknitt provides a link you can click - if you click that, and then go to the bottom of that page and click on the word 'here' as indicated in that post, there is a method you can download the individual version just by supplying your email address.

johnmac

Feed Provider
Why do you keep posting the IAR contact info?

@johnmac - in post 4037, aaknitt provides a link you can click - if you click that, and then go to the bottom of that page and click on the word 'here' as indicated in that post, there is a method you can download the individual version just by supplying your email address.
@jhsands Exactly what I was looking for. I should have scrolled down the page a little further.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
When filling out the form just put something like "personal use" in the Agency field(s).

Andy

johnmac

Feed Provider
When filling out the form just put something like "personal use" in the Agency field(s).

Andy
I have downloaded the latest version and I get the following error -

Version: TwoToneDetect73f
FFMPEG FOUND
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect73f.py", line 248, in <module>
File "configparser.py", line 823, in getfloat
configparser.InterpolationSyntaxError: '%' must be followed by '%' or '(', found: '% tone offset, -.02 = -2% tone offset, etc.'
File "TwoToneDetect73f.py", line 406, in <module>
NameError: name 'input_device_index' is not defined

The input_device_index was "2"

I used the old config file, do I need to use the new config file and update my info or is the old config file still good.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I have downloaded the latest version and I get the following error -

FFMPEG FOUND
File "TwoToneDetect73f.py", line 248, in <module>
File "configparser.py", line 823, in getfloat
configparser.InterpolationSyntaxError: '%' must be followed by '%' or '(', found: '% tone offset, -.02 = -2% tone offset, etc.'

The input_device_index was "2"

I used the old config file, do I need to use the new config file and update my info or is the old config file still good.

Try using a text editor to remove the comments (everything after the semicolon) from the old config file. Some updates were made to the config file reader and it no longer likes the comments.

Andy

johnmac

Feed Provider
Try using a text editor to remove the comments (everything after the semicolon) from the old config file. Some updates were made to the config file reader and it no longer likes the comments.

Andy
Ok, eliminated the comments, still will not start.

Used the new config file and added my info and still will not start. Error message below

FFMPEG FOUND
File "configparser.py", line 788, in get
File "C:\Python37\lib\collections\__init__.py", line 916, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'mp3_bitrate'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "TwoToneDetect73f.py", line 249, in <module>
File "configparser.py", line 791, in get
configparser.NoOptionError: No option 'mp3_bitrate' in section: 'Section1'

A very tiny error message flashes on the screen for a nano second - something about audio is all I can get as it flashes by.

Copied all files to a different computer and it loads right up. The sound device numbers appear to be much higher in the config file and was automatically changed when I clicked on SHUTDOWN. It looks like the error may have something to do with the audio, but I have no idea how to find the correct instance #. I tried "0" "1" and "2" . Version 71a loads ok with "2" for the 'input_device_index'

Any suggestions? Thanks

johnmac

Feed Provider
Ok, eliminated the comments, still will not start.

Used the new config file and added my info and still will not start. Error message below

FFMPEG FOUND
File "configparser.py", line 788, in get
File "C:\Python37\lib\collections\__init__.py", line 916, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'mp3_bitrate'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "TwoToneDetect73f.py", line 249, in <module>
File "configparser.py", line 791, in get
configparser.NoOptionError: No option 'mp3_bitrate' in section: 'Section1'

A very tiny error message flashes on the screen for a nano second - something about audio is all I can get as it flashes by.

Copied all files to a different computer and it loads right up. The sound device numbers appear to be much higher in the config file and was automatically changed when I clicked on SHUTDOWN. It looks like the error may have something to do with the audio, but I have no idea how to find the correct instance #. I tried "0" "1" and "2" . Version 71a loads ok with "2" for the 'input_device_index'

Any suggestions? Thanks
I think I have it corrected. Need to wait for some alert tones

jhsands

Feed Provider
How to get your own links in text messages.

DC31

Feed Provider
I toyed with v73f a little last week. The pi version. I got it working fine but found it to be less tolerant of little things in the tones.cfg and config.cfg files. Things that my v71c seemed to ignore. In one instance I had two delay_record entries in a tone set. That kept my remote tones file from loading. It had worked fine for years in previous versions. So you may need to make some little tweaks when using existing files with v73f. Like removing the comments as Andy has said.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I toyed with v73f a little last week. The pi version. I got it working fine but found it to be less tolerant of little things in the tones.cfg and config.cfg files. Things that my v71c seemed to ignore. In one instance I had two delay_record entries in a tone set. That kept my remote tones file from loading. It had worked fine for years in previous versions. So you may need to make some little tweaks when using existing files with v73f. Like removing the comments as Andy has said.
I finally got the program to load (Windows 10), but it does not respond to the tones.cfg. Next step redo the tones.cfg and see if that works. May have to go back to 71a. I used the new config file, that was the only way to get it to start, then changed the file to my settings.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I finally got the program to load (Windows 10), but it does not respond to the tones.cfg. Next step redo the tones.cfg and see if that works. May have to go back to 71a. I used the new config file, that was the only way to get it to start, then changed the file to my settings.

Why 71a and not 71c?

MikeOrlando02

• Added task bar icon to indicate that TTD is running without main GUI active. Click on taskbar icon to open main GUI. Recommend only opening main GUI when needed - close it during normal unattended operation.

Great idea, I have a hard time telling if TTD is actually running or not and was toying with the heartbeat to see if I could watch this with a script.

• Removed embedded support for twotonedetect.net audio hosting (replaced with Iamresponding.com support)

Does this mean the option option to have the REMOTE file with address to fetch it if we host it on our own will no longer work? Or just better integration for IaR vs the DYI method?