TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

DC31

Feed Provider
I think that Andy is onto it. Increase your squelch slider a little. Your 639 hz noise is at a very low level (<1000) and the 634 hz tone well above 1000 so you should be able to remove the noise. In addition, set all your btonelength parameters to 1.2 or 1.4 and leave the atonelengths at 0.6. This combination of tweaks I bet will fix it.

WebsterEMA

I just wanted to thank everyone again for their help. We've ordered the static isolating items jhsands recommended. We've also increased the tone lengths as discussed, and increased squelch a bit. So far no extra pages, though our departments don't get paged out often enough that's a guarantee things are fixed. I will update in a few weeks when I'm sure things are fixed.

That said, I've got another problem. The pages being sent now are being recorded very slowly. Like, at half rate or more. It's just an issue with the Two Tone recording though. I was running Audacity and recorded the audio feed at the same time through the same source, and it recorded just fine. So that must mean the soundcard is fine. Just something about the recording/encoding of the software is wrong? It was working fine, and I'm not sure what setting I could've hit to mess with this. I've included a zip with an MP3 of the page.

Attachments

• Clay_2021_02_08_13_57_45.zip
    269.3 KB · Views: 8

kb2ear

Premium Subscriber
Is there a hi pass filter in the software, We have several sets of tones in use here that are in the 2.5k to 3.1k range. And they never seem to be detected. See attached for example.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• 1-1613090023_45360000.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 4

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
I lost power and computer shut down, i now cant get any tones to send. i get the in log file
HANOVER Tone Set Found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 543, in alert
File "site-packages\pyaudio.py", line 747, in open
IOError: [Errno Device unavailable] -9985

after record
delay timer HANOVER 10:12:01 on 02/15/21
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 675, in alert
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'recordstream' referenced before assignment

anyone help with this issue.

thanks,
matt

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
ok got that problem fixed. now getting this
435.0 32766.9822488
Done recording PLYMOUTH STATION 3 11:16:01 on 02/15/21
done writing WAV PLYMOUTH STATION 3 11:16:01 on 02/15/21
done converting to MP3 PLYMOUTH STATION 3 11:16:01 on 02/15/21
done converting to AMR PLYMOUTH STATION 3 11:16:03 on 02/15/21
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
Waiting for Silence PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW 11:16:04 on 02/15/21
done starting TLS
logging in
File "TTD70.py", line 82, in mail
File "smtplib.py", line 622, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help o19sm9274117ioh.47 - gsmtp')
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH STATION 3 Page Received at 11:15:04 on 02/15/21
Done recording PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW 11:16:06 on 02/15/21
done writing WAV PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW 11:16:07 on 02/15/21
done converting to MP3 PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW 11:16:07 on 02/15/21
done converting to AMR PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW 11:16:08 on 02/15/21
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
File "TTD70.py", line 82, in mail
File "smtplib.py", line 622, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help 4sm9852270ilj.22 - gsmtp')
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW Page Received at 11:15:35 on 02/15/21
File "TTD70.py", line 46, in mail
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 2 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH STATION 3 Page Received at 11:15:04 on 02/15/21
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH STATION 3 Page Received at 11:15:04 on 02/15/21
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 2 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW Page Received at 11:15:35 on 02/15/21
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH DUTY CREW Page Received at 11:15:35 on 02/15/21
max retries exceeded, failed to send email

jhsands

Feed Provider
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help o19sm9274117ioh.47 - gsmtp')
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for PLYMOUTH STATION 3 Page Received at 11:15:04 on 02/15/21

Did you go to the URL given?

You either have the wrong password, need an app password, or need to enable less secure apps.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I just wanted to thank everyone again for their help. We've ordered the static isolating items jhsands recommended. We've also increased the tone lengths as discussed, and increased squelch a bit. So far no extra pages, though our departments don't get paged out often enough that's a guarantee things are fixed. I will update in a few weeks when I'm sure things are fixed.

That said, I've got another problem. The pages being sent now are being recorded very slowly. Like, at half rate or more. It's just an issue with the Two Tone recording though. I was running Audacity and recorded the audio feed at the same time through the same source, and it recorded just fine. So that must mean the soundcard is fine. Just something about the recording/encoding of the software is wrong? It was working fine, and I'm not sure what setting I could've hit to mess with this. I've included a zip with an MP3 of the page.

Sorry, I wasn't getting notifications for some reason and missed this. It's a sampling rate issue with the recording, though I'm not sure what's causing it. There are no options in TTD to change the sampling rate. Audio encoding into mp3 format is done by ffmpeg....I'm wondering if it's an issue with the version of ffmpeg that you're using?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Is there a hi pass filter in the software, We have several sets of tones in use here that are in the 2.5k to 3.1k range. And they never seem to be detected. See attached for example.

Thanks,
Scott

There is a low pass filter that has a hard cutoff at 3 kHz. From 2.5 kHz to 3 kHz should work but in may radio systems the audio levels can get pretty low at the high frequencies due to the de-emphasis in the FM receiver, so you may need to keep the audio squelch threshold on the main screen pretty low and/or turn up the volume on the receiver a bit to get them to be detected.

What is the max paging tone frequency in your system? I can look into boosting that filter frequency a bit in a future release. I see now that Plectron tones can go up to about 3.5 kHz so maybe I'll bump it to that...strange that I've never had a request for that before now, I think that's just a testament to how rare the high frequency paging tones are (probably due to the audio level issues).

Andy

R_Rabbit10

For some reason TTD deletes all audio files after 30 days. Is there an option for TTD to NOT do this? For archival reasons we need to keep all audio files, which was never an issue as it just stayed in the audio directory, but now everything older than 30 days is gone, which is big issue...

aaknitt

Feed Provider
For some reason TTD deletes all audio files after 30 days. Is there an option for TTD to NOT do this? For archival reasons we need to keep all audio files, which was never an issue as it just stayed in the audio directory, but now everything older than 30 days is gone, which is big issue...

This was done because users running TTD on Pis for months and years on end in busy areas were filling up SD cards without realizing it, resulting in crashes. Lots of ways to set up archiving on your own via scripting or other methods like the one DC31 suggested.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider

Another thing to check is to make sure you have the audio input set to "mono" if using a mono input sound card (most mic inputs are mono). If you're using a mono input and select "left" or "right" that could cause something like this, though I'm not sure it's the exact same symptoms.

Andy

R_Rabbit10

This was done because users running TTD on Pis for months and years on end in busy areas were filling up SD cards without realizing it, resulting in crashes. Lots of ways to set up archiving on your own via scripting or other methods like the one DC31 suggested.

Andy
Are you able to make this an option in TTD and provide a warning for people upgrading? I have now lost 9 years of pages after upgrading to the latest version!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Are you able to make this an option in TTD and provide a warning for people upgrading? I have now lost 9 years of pages after upgrading to the latest version!

It was in the release notes back when v71 was released:

At that time it was set to 15 days, that's since been changed to 30 days.

With the website changes related to the IaR integration the full release note history isn't as accessible as it used to be, I'll try to get that entire history into the next version of the user's guide.

Andy

snig64

1] Take it offline and run file recovery.
2] What would happen if your hard drive DIED? Your IT or [free] IT person should be fired for not using a free online backup or at the very fg least backing up via USB.
3] Ummmm... have you not been e-mailing them to yourself?!?!?!?!?! Do you not have five years of FOIA e-mails available?