TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

R_Rabbit10

1] Take it offline and run file recovery.
2] What would happen if your hard drive DIED? Your IT or [free] IT person should be fired for not using a free online backup or at the very fg least backing up via USB.
3] Ummmm... have you not been e-mailing them to yourself?!?!?!?!?! Do you not have five years of FOIA e-mails available?
What the heck is FOIA? Is that something American?
FYI Seems to me you are taking this a bit to personal with your replies...

snig64

What the heck is FOIA? Is that something American?
FYI Seems to me you are taking this a bit to personal with your replies...

"What the heck is FOIA?" - I hope to God you are being sarcastic.

Government data is not to be taken lightly. Data from a government entity belongs to the people and you admitting you have been keeping that data means it should be auditable by an enterprise backup method.

R_Rabbit10

"What the heck is FOIA?" - I hope to God you are being sarcastic.

Government data is not to be taken lightly. Data from a government entity belongs to the people and you admitting you have been keeping that data means it should be auditable by an enterprise backup method.
Nope, not being sarcastic. Not everything is and revolves around Americans and their legislation.... I know it is hard to comprehend, but the world is larger than just the USA...

jhsands

Feed Provider
Nope, not being sarcastic. Not everything is and revolves around Americans and their legislation.... I know it is hard to comprehend, but the world is larger than just the USA...

He probably does not know you are not from the states. I myself have only seen a handful of users outside of the states in this thread. It will be helpful to set your location so the assumptions are not made.

Here is the FOIA he mentioned: Freedom of Information Act (United States) - Wikipedia

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have been having issues with TwoToneDetect73g windows being picked up by Norton and Malwarebytes recently saying that TwoToneDetect73g.exe has malware the name of the malware it says it "has" is called bloodhound.MalPE says, Norton antivirus.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

jhsands

Feed Provider
Hello,

I have been having issues with TwoToneDetect73g windows being picked up by Norton and Malwarebytes recently saying that TwoToneDetect73g.exe has malware the name of the malware it says it "has" is called bloodhound.MalPE says, Norton antivirus.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

MalPE is malware packed executable (PE) and bloodhound means Norton is blocking the executable because of the file's behavior. When you run the TTD exe, it unpacks to the %temp% directory and that is why the file is considered a packed executable. Continue using the program. It is a false positive.

Andy2712

Feed Provider
I just downloaded 73G and I can't seem to get the program to run. Every time I open it, I get an error that I think says something about needing the line in plugged in, but the message is only on the screen for a few seconds and I can never read all of it so I know what to fix.

I do currently have 71C running on this computer and it starts and runs just fine so I'm not sure why the new version won't run. Any ideas?

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
MalPE is malware packed executable (PE) and bloodhound means Norton is blocking the executable because of the file's behavior. When you run the TTD exe, it unpacks to the %temp% directory and that is why the file is considered a packed executable. Continue using the program. It is a false positive.

Ok, thanks for the help! I'll exclude it from future scans.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I just downloaded 73G and I can't seem to get the program to run. Every time I open it, I get an error that I think says something about needing the line in plugged in, but the message is only on the screen for a few seconds and I can never read all of it so I know what to fix.

I do currently have 71C running on this computer and it starts and runs just fine so I'm not sure why the new version won't run. Any ideas?

What happens when you run the debug version of 73G? What's in the debug logs? Alternatively, make a copy of config.cfg, then go in and set input_device_index = 1 . That should make it start unless you have all recording devices disabled.

Any specific reason you are upgrading?

WebsterEMA

Hello again. Sorry for the long space without further communication. Everything is working fine and dandy now. Whether it's the settings, the filter, or both the paging problem has stopped. The weird recording was fixed by just reinstalling the software. Maybe something corrupt in FFMPEG as suggested previously. If anyone else has the issue, that fixed it.

Thank you again for all the assistance. My counties fire departments have grown quite fond of the convenience of this software, and the possibility some random error would make us have to take it down was a bit disheartening.

bunangst

Running the newest IAR version of TTD...anyone know if there is an option in the config to save the original .wav recordings?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Running the newest IAR version of TTD...anyone know if there is an option in the config to save the original .wav recordings?
You can manually edit the config.cfg file in a text editor and add this line (same as prior versions):
keep_wav = 1

Andy

bunangst

You can manually edit the config.cfg file in a text editor and add this line (same as prior versions):
keep_wav = 1

Andy

Perfect thank you Andy.

More along the same lines...I am getting .mp3 files and duplicate .amr files.
Is there a way to disable the .amr? or maybe is that what IAR is using in the app?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Perfect thank you Andy.

More along the same lines...I am getting .mp3 files and duplicate .amr files.
Is there a way to disable the .amr? or maybe is that what IAR is using in the app?
AMR is actually a legacy carryover from back before smartphones...there were a lot of phones (think flip phone era) that could play AMR audio files received via MMS message but not MP3. Probably no longer necessary but AMR files are still smaller than MP3 so they send slightly faster...really only matters when in an area with poor coverage though. No way to disable creating them but they get automatically deleted after 30 days.

Andy

WebsterEMA

Hello. Does anyone else get a lot of 404 errors when trying to use the web paged based Two Tone Detect? Is there any way to fix it other than task managering it closed, and re starting the program?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I've noticed this a lot recently as well. I just try not to touch it if I can help it! 😄

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello. Does anyone else get a lot of 404 errors when trying to use the web paged based Two Tone Detect? Is there any way to fix it other than task managering it closed, and re starting the program?

For those that are seeing this issue, is it Windows, Pi, or both? Does the tone detection still function when this occurs?

FYI I've identified a bug that can cause TTD to crash after it's generated a large amount of audio files...typically several weeks of operation on a busy system without restarting. I have a fix in testing now that should be out soon. One symptom of this issues is that the web page doesn't work, but neither does tone detection. If there's a different issue where the web page doesn't work but tone detection does, that's something different I'll need to look into.

Andy

WebsterEMA

For those that are seeing this issue, is it Windows, Pi, or both? Does the tone detection still function when this occurs?

FYI I've identified a bug that can cause TTD to crash after it's generated a large amount of audio files...typically several weeks of operation on a busy system without restarting. I have a fix in testing now that should be out soon. One symptom of this issues is that the web page doesn't work, but neither does tone detection. If there's a different issue where the web page doesn't work but tone detection does, that's something different I'll need to look into.

Andy

As far as I've noticed usually the tone detection has been working. I just try to bring up the page, or click on one of the Edit buttons if the page is up, and get the 404.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
As far as I've noticed usually the tone detection has been working. I just try to bring up the page, or click on one of the Edit buttons if the page is up, and get the 404.

Same. As far as I know it's working fine in the background but when trying to bring up the webpage to manage settings I get a 404 error. Usually restarting the program or the PC solves it.