New TxDOT antenna in Lubbock

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

Has anyone noticed the new tower that has been put up at the Tx Hiway Dept at 135 Slaton Rd in Lubbock. There are four new freqencies in the FCC file but not listed in the data bank. I have them in my scanner but have not heard any activity. The repeater freqs are 156.1725 & 159.1275. The inputs are 154.1825 & 156.24, not sure which inputs correspond with the repeater channels.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Looks like narrow band frequencies.
Could it possibly be the begining of P-25 for the road crews?

nd5y

TxDOT has been building out a high band system the past few years and apparently will abandon low band.
All the new licenses are for NFM and digital.
They have to be because most of the new frequencies are on 7.5 kHz splinter channels that are limited to 12 kHz bandwidth.
They will have to switch the remaining 20 kHz bandwidth channels to 12 kHz in a few years anyway because of the FCC's narrowband requirement.
I don't know what kind of mobile radios and repeaters they have been buying and they have only been reported using P25 a few places in South Texas.
The new frequencies may not be in use in some areas until the new repeaters are installed.

SCPD

QRT
Road crews need P25 the same as P&W Game Wardens need them to Corrections, Mental health, Inspections ect. The whole state, TXDOT included with have a P25 Phase-II system in place that will contain Every agency in the state on the same system with access to Dispatchers in the Same regional Communications centers statewide.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
P25 Phase-II system

Road crews need P25 the same as P&W Game Wardens need them to Corrections, Mental health, Inspections ect. The whole state, TXDOT included with have a P25 Phase-II system in place that will contain Every agency in the state on the same system with access to Dispatchers in the Same regional Communications centers statewide.

Please explain what a P25 Phase II system. Will this system include the DPS?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.