New Type II System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a trunked system in my area I heard it earlier back in the summer with radio techs working on it and I really didn't pay much attention to it and just now sitting here bored I decided to do some research and looked it up on the ULS database.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WPWS529 - CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE COMPANY

The only thing is I need to determine the Custom Table since it is a UHF Lo Moto Type II system. And that's where the red flag pops up!

Could anyone help me out in determining the offset, base and step???

I think this is what the tow companies use in my area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm still a noob with trunking.

Thanks ya'll

Lucas

robbinsj2

The offset, step and base can't be determined from the FCC license alone, you need to pull and analyze some data from the control channel. You might try posting in the relevant regional forum to find someone within range of this system who can take care of that.

Or, what scanner do you have? It's possible you have the tools and can provide us with enough data to calculate it.

Jim

I have a Pro-97 scanner. It sounds like it has 2 control channels sending small bursts of data. I'll also post this in the Missouri forum to see what I can dig up there.

robbinsj2

If it's Motorola Type 2 then there will be only one control channel at a time, with a continuous data stream. I don't believe the Pro-97 can easily provide the control channel data that would be needed so it looks like you will have to find someone local to take care of that.

Are you sure it's Motorola Type 2? If there are brief bursts on all channels and no full-time control stream then maybe it's LTR.

I may be wrong it could very well be LTR. I did hear some traffic on it this morning. It sounded like a dispatcher telling what she called a "truck" to go over to 7th & Missouri for a vehicle pick up. Sounds to me like a tow company.

Status
Not open for further replies.