• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New TYT MD-390 GPS - Bricked? Password problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9WWJ

Technician
Hello all in the DMR community. Today i received my new in box TYT MD-390 with GPS. I installed the software (CPS MD390 V1.36), read the factory codeplug, saved it. I downloaded a codeplug from the HoosierDMR network "MD-380" section, and wrote the codeplug to the radio. As i had read somewhere that the380 and 390 were the same boards and codeplugs were interchangeable. (this may be my mistake...)

With the "new" codeplug, the radio turns on, asks for password, i enter 00000000 it proceeds, and then just tells me that the screen is locked. Press OK and * to unlock. I do that, and it immediately locks again, and again, and again. Letting it sit, it eventually just shows "Unprogrammed"

So now i go back to the CPS, and when i try to read or write to the radio it asks for a password. i enter the default 00000000 and it does not work. I didnt change this password...
Because of this password issue im unable to read or flash the original codeplug back... You guys think my radio is toast?? :/

Any help is greatly appreciated, as i was really looking forward to the arrival of this radio and the new world of DMR... :/

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Turn on the radio while holding down the PTT button and the button above it. Then try reloading the factory default codeplug.

The catch is that the GPS and non-GPS radio codeplugs are not compatible.

Also, what CPS are you using? Most recent version is 1.36.

KC9WWJ

Technician
Fixed

hey jonwienke, i am running 1.36, the latest. And i had tried reflashing the firmware last night. The radio is/was already on the latest, and rewrote the firmware fine; however, that didnt clear the password.

But, some great news, i emailed TYT before heading to bed last night, and they emailed me back today with a different version of the CPS. It shows up as version 1.34 GPS, and came labeled "Password Delect".

It reads and writes without asking for programming password, and I was able to restore the stock codeplug. No more passowrd and fresh start! haha

Id be glad to share the password-less software with those who have the same issue!

dorcse

hey jonwienke, i am running 1.36, the latest. And i had tried reflashing the firmware last night. The radio is/was already on the latest, and rewrote the firmware fine; however, that didnt clear the password.

But, some great news, i emailed TYT before heading to bed last night, and they emailed me back today with a different version of the CPS. It shows up as version 1.34 GPS, and came labeled "Password Delect".

It reads and writes without asking for programming password, and I was able to restore the stock codeplug. No more passowrd and fresh start! haha

Id be glad to share the password-less software with those who have the same issue!

I could really use a copy of that software for my 390 w/GPS that will be arriving soon.

Could you email to byobnet@yahoo.com or provide a link?

Thanks!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Might be easiest to post the CPS on a file sharing site like SendSpace, then folks can just fetch it themselves... and you don't get flooded with a bunch of 'me too' requests.

EA1KZ

Would appreciate help sir, got the same problem too .. would it be possible to email a link to the cps 13.4 password delete to EA1KZ@ureoviedo.es
Thank you so much.

w4cdm

How to fix TYT Firmware Password when poweron

I had the problem when I flashed a MD-390 and then suddenly my radio had a power on password that I did not set and surely did not know. So, being a programmer I began digging into the guts of the software config files and low and behold found what I need to modify in the settings.ini file of the CPS to make it read/write to a radio even if a password was set.

So for the benefit of everyone that might have this issue here is a solution.

goto the folder that has your TYT CPS software. This can normally be found at c:\TYT folder

open the "setting" file with notepad.

find the line that says 'password=0' and change it to 'password=password' (without quotes) then save the file and open the CPS software.

This should allow you to read/write the radio regardless of a password being set.

This should work on any TYT Tytera CPS software as all of them use a similar setting file format.

Good luck and have fun with your radio.

C Morey
Concentric Technologies
W4CDM

Status
Not open for further replies.