New UASI Rebanded Frequencies Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

My metro UASI bank has gone quiet for awhile and I finally found the found the UASI rebanded frequencies for the Metro Atlanta Simulcast, it all works again. This is the system that Sandy Springs and some of the other North Fulton cities will probably use not too far from now. I would recommend to the database admin to put these new rebanded frequencies in as the old ones are depreciated. Would also recommend that UASI have its own database entry (it is sub-listed under Cobb County right now) as it will be confusing for those to find these cities listed under Cobb when the cities switch to digital.

853.7875 (control channel 11/2/11)

Here is a link that describes the Georgia metro UASI system and all of the talkgroups that every radio has in it when it was first envisioned (note the document refers to the old frequencies, pre-reband).

www.piersystem.com/go/doc/1675/817839/

Last edited:

Julian1

UASI & GSP Troup C Metro Atlanta

Casey,

You are the maaan! Cool info.

Causes me to ask... While GSP is using Atlanta's P-25 system, do those same radios also affiliate with the UASI P-25 System?

Do GSP Troup C units use that if they are say in Cobb County and cannot reach an Atlanta P-25 tower site?

Casey

Never a peep out of GSP on UASI...only Cobb zones affiliate here and there...otherwise quiet...but not for much longer with North Fulton cities getting ready.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I've had UASI programmed in for a while, and never a peep! Towers up and running, but nobody is using them. Strange.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Never a peep out of GSP on UASI...only Cobb zones affiliate here and there...otherwise quiet...but not for much longer with North Fulton cities getting ready.

where are you getting this information from? last working group meeting I attended there was a dispute regarding capacity for regular dispatch use, and Cobb's outrageous fee schedule.

Fulton users are getting a free ride on the FC TRS. Why would they give that up? It's like getting a cellphone your work pays for with unlimited usage. sure it may be some Nokia 3300 plain jane, but it's free and beats paying a bill of your own.

Casey

where are you getting this information from? last working group meeting I attended there was a dispute regarding capacity for regular dispatch use, and Cobb's outrageous fee schedule.

Fulton users are getting a free ride on the FC TRS. Why would they give that up? It's like getting a cellphone your work pays for with unlimited usage. sure it may be some Nokia 3300 plain jane, but it's free and beats paying a bill of your own.

Fulco TRS will live forever!!! (well just a wee bit of sarcasm with that comment) This article was from Aug of this year... coordinating Chief Sult said some depts could go within weeks at the time this was published...but Sandy Springs would need another transmitter or two... big money for a 'small' city but it looks as though it will would *probably* be UASI if you look at what towers are already up in N Fulton... I'm kinda fond of the static and fussy FULCO TRS but you know more days are behind it than ahead. I think the other contenders for N Fulton cities are Cobb P25, Dekalb P25 and something proposed by Harris (Opensky? distant 3rd). I don't have the notes in front of me but I remember reading a Fulton council member indicated that their TRS would be retired probably close to 2013. Failing Radio System is Increasing Problem for Sandy Springs Police - Sandy Springs, GA Patch

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Fulco TRS will live forever!!! (well just a wee bit of sarcasm with that comment) This article was from Aug of this year... coordinating Chief Sult said some depts could go within weeks at the time this was published...but Sandy Springs would need another transmitter or two... big money for a 'small' city but it looks as though it will would *probably* be UASI if you look at what towers are already up in N Fulton... I'm kinda fond of the static and fussy FULCO TRS but you know more days are behind it than ahead. I think the other contenders for N Fulton cities are Cobb P25, Dekalb P25 and something proposed by Harris (Opensky? distant 3rd). I don't have the notes in front of me but I remember reading a Fulton council member indicated that their TRS would be retired probably close to 2013. Failing Radio System is Increasing Problem for Sandy Springs Police - Sandy Springs, GA Patch

I'm familiar with the article, in fact I and others made some comments.
The problem for the cities in north county is they lack the funding to pay for their own system.

The Fulton county TRS is not a bad system, it's just 22 years old. In fact, to add another site, upgrade to a Smart X core (which in fact, is the same core used in Astro 25 with an analog air interface), would be the most economical solution to the problems the users are complaining about on the system.

What I find perplexing is how the users who are complaining aren't willing to put into the Fulton county kitty to alleviate the problem. A radio system with 1989 coverage and capacity needs doesn't cut it in 2011. More buildings have gone up, the terrain has changed. Cellular phone sites raised the noise floor on the 800 band. It's a totally different world now (both physical and RF wise) than the late 1980's.

However the powers that be in that area want to be "separate but equal" or "separate but better". They need to be prepared to shell it out. This means a SPLOST or property tax increase, and something tells me this is something they just don't want to do at this time.

In the meantime, they are enjoying a virtually free ride on the FC TRS. The UASI system still sits unused, mainly due to the fees involved on putting radios on the system, which doesn't make sense as it is not intended or designed to replace your agencies primary system (the planning guide you sent says this in the preface). So why pay the yearly fees when you can use I-TAC/8-TAC's for free for interop?

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Uasi

I'm beginning to believe that the North Fulton agencies may never actually switch to UASI. I happen to know that they are about to look at bids for a new P25 system that would combine SSpgs, Roswell, Alph-Milt, Johns Creek, and Dunwoody. I best not reveal my source but you can trust the legitimacy of what I'm saying. IF it comes to pass, we're looking at about two (2) years before it goes live because it involves new towers.

gman4661

Too bad the rich folks in "Milton County" can't fund their own shared system. And guard the borders...

bonus1331

Too bad the rich folks in "Milton County" can't fund their own shared system. And guard the borders...

There does sem to be some truth to that statement. My sister and her husband and kids live in Milton a.k.a. Alpharetta.

After a company relocation from Charlotte, I had the pleasure of living with them for 10 months.

Just a whole different feel and what I can only categorize as a "holier than thou" mentality up there. Whether it be at the Publix or getting your hair cut at the Supercuts.
Its seems to be about having the kids in as many scheduled activities as possible, tennis matches, protecting their property values, and annexing from the rest of Fulton.

There seems to be alot of anxiety up there about paying taxes for the "rest of the County". Hidden meaning most certainly applied.

I meanwhile decided to move my butt with my family to more down to earth environs on the South side.
Where, BTW, we were told by most family members that "you better get a gun if you plan on living south of 20".

Of course, there was no mention of the lower taxes, lack of highway congestion, roads with no traffic lights for miles, and a sense of community rather than gated communities.

Heck, and until last week, VHF public safety communication;-)

gman4661

Actually, north Fulton WAS Milton County until the 1930s when the state abolished two counties, Milton and Campbell.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
There is a HUGE difference between Milton (aka N. Fulton County) and the rest of the county. At the risk of sounding racist, just look at who/whom lives where. Also, look where all the money is. People in N. Fulton are getting sick and tired of all their monies going down to S. Fulton to bring up their level of living.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I'm beginning to believe that the North Fulton agencies may never actually switch to UASI. I happen to know that they are about to look at bids for a new P25 system that would combine SSpgs, Roswell, Alph-Milt, Johns Creek, and Dunwoody. I best not reveal my source but you can trust the legitimacy of what I'm saying. IF it comes to pass, we're looking at about two (2) years before it goes live because it involves new towers.

the UASI system was never meant, nor intended by design to support full time dispatch use. It is a interoperability network. It lacks the voice channel capacity and coverage for that. Additionally, the powers that be are not willing to open it up for affordable use, as the user fees per radio are excessive for a system that is designed for only itinerant use.

I'm aware of the RFP in the works at Chatcomm. As soon as I get a copy of it. I'll post it. Two years depending on money, and it is going to take a tax increase to pay for it, we'll see how that pans out...

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Chatcomm will likely bid an outrageously expensive brand new TRS, full encrypted of course, just like Gwinnett. Enjoy the Fulton TRS up north while it lasts.

cnvi

Hi guys,

I am not new to scanning.. I own and operate airtrafficatlanta.com where I am used to scanning good ol AM frequencies using a discone antenna.

As I see that our trusty feed for chatcomm 911 for Johns Creek/ north fulton county is down, I am interested in providing an alternate encoding facility as I have the funds and I live high up on a ridge. but I dont have a clue as to how to go about it.. can you help me ?

assuming these are frequencies in the 800 spectrum, what kind of antenna is optimal?
I have an icom pcr-1000 .. is that sufficient or would a cheap uniden BC95XLT be sufficient?

also how do you guys go about finding out what frequencies should be scanned?

any advise you can provide to me would be greatly appreciated. I will reciprocate by providing this feed if I can just figure out how to do it. thanks again.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Hi guys,

I am not new to scanning.. I own and operate airtrafficatlanta.com where I am used to scanning good ol AM frequencies using a discone antenna.

As I see that our trusty feed for chatcomm 911 for Johns Creek/ north fulton county is down, I am interested in providing an alternate encoding facility as I have the funds and I live high up on a ridge. but I dont have a clue as to how to go about it.. can you help me ?

assuming these are frequencies in the 800 spectrum, what kind of antenna is optimal?
I have an icom pcr-1000 .. is that sufficient or would a cheap uniden BC95XLT be sufficient?

also how do you guys go about finding out what frequencies should be scanned?

any advise you can provide to me would be greatly appreciated. I will reciprocate by providing this feed if I can just figure out how to do it. thanks again.

any analog trunking scanner will currently work, as Johns Creek uses the Fulton county analog TRS. This will change at some point in the near future, cannot say when. As far as antenna, it depends on where you are. If you're near one of the prime sites for the Fulton TRS, a whip antenna is all that is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.