New Uniden BCD436 - USFS Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ol-redneck

Premium Subscriber
We live right smack in the middle of the Ouachita national Forest. they adjoin our property.
I have been scanning their listed freq.for days & yet to hear a peep!
They do control burns every few days herein the spring &I'd like to hear..
Any suggestions?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Well, run a band search across the entire relevant band (presumably Federal VHF) and see what you can find. A bunch of National Forests seem to be updating their channel plans, so the RR listings could be out-of-date. Also, I believe some Forests use Federal UHF frequencies for Uplink and/or Downlink feeds, so you may want to search that band as well. If you're close enough (a few miles from the radios), you can probably find Repeater Input frequencies, in addition to Simplex Tac channels.

Also the LE units could be using P-25 conventional channels, so look for those as well.

ecps92

In my experience, Controlled Burns generally are coordinated on some of the Simplex channels, however as others indicated Many Forests are undergoing Freq Changes.

Spend sometime (Weeks) Searching the 162-174 band and then come back and share your findings... especially CTCSS tone info

Look toward the bottom of the Wiki Mike Posted, but also try some of these.
National Incident Radio Support Cache - The RadioReference Wiki

Searching would likely be better tho

We live right smack in the middle of the Ouachita national Forest. they adjoin our property.
I have been scanning their listed freq.for days & yet to hear a peep!
They do control burns every few days herein the spring &I'd like to hear..
Any suggestions?

ol-redneck

Premium Subscriber
In my experience, Controlled Burns generally are coordinated on some of the Simplex channels, however as others indicated Many Forests are undergoing Freq Changes.

Spend sometime (Weeks) Searching the 162-174 band and then come back and share your findings... especially CTCSS tone info

Look toward the bottom of the Wiki Mike Posted, but also try some of these.
National Incident Radio Support Cache - The RadioReference Wiki

Searching would likely be better tho

Thanks... I am currently reading up on how to do this using Butel. Something about 'Easy Fill' ??

Status
Not open for further replies.