New Uniden Forum Posting Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Threads can have pre-defined prefixes which I've added for any thread in the Uniden forum. The list contains some of the more popular models. There are also a few wildcard prefixes such as x36 and x996. I'm not intending on listing every model, just the more popular ones in discussion so please do not request a model we only see a thread or two per year.

Everyone please start using these. Hopefully (ya, right) these will provoke people in to creating better thread titles rather than just a model. I've set the Stickies to use them so you have examples of their use.

If this goes over well I'll add this to the GRE and RS forums.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
YES! I'm then not the only one that also noticed the many model# forum threads as well, wishing the subject would describe, say the issue or so better.

I honestly hope this works as well!

If we see any forum subject threads in the future, we should then do the ! thingy?

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If we see any forum subject threads in the future, we should then do the ! thingy?
Because this would have a decent increase in the amount of reports we get I would recommend not doing it. Lets let the feature burn in for a few months and then I'll evaluate better direction.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Excellent idea. It will make reading / following threads in the Uniden forum so much easier now. Thank you.

:)

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've got more changes to occur tonight that hopefully should help to organize the Uniden threads more effectively so you all can find what you want to read. Stay tuned...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
On the RR Main Page it looks like the Uniden Posts don't show up in the Active Forum Threads anymore.

I would suspect that only threads in the main "Uniden Forum" (if you can even post there any more) would show up. The new forums have new numbers, which probably haven't been added to the widget that shows them on that page. Good eye.

Highpockets

I would suspect that only threads in the main "Uniden Forum" (if you can even post there any more) would show up. The new forums have new numbers, which probably haven't been added to the widget that shows them on that page. Good eye.

I will miss them on that page if not added back, first thing I look at when I'm on RR.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's been less than twelve hours since I made the change. Give it a little more time otherwise I'll query Lindsay to see if there need to be manual changes.

al95

I hope this is the correct place to post this.
I was using my tablet last night I could see the GRE, RadioShack threads working but on the unidens Forums sub-forumsI could not see the options I see in the computer or on my iPod for example Uniden Owner Tech Support, Uniden Prospective Owners etc...... On my tablet the only thing I saw that can remember is Where is Upman? The Uniden Forum Rules....ect is this part of the updates RR is doing. Before my tablet was working correctly could see all threads.

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
I hope this is the correct place to post this.
I was using my tablet last night I could see the GRE, RadioShack threads working but on the unidens Forums sub-forumsI could not see the options I see in the computer or on my iPod for example Uniden Owner Tech Support, Uniden Prospective Owners etc...... On my tablet the only thing I saw that can remember is Where is Upman? The Uniden Forum Rules....ect is this part of the updates RR is doing. Before my tablet was working correctly could see all threads.

Are you using the mobile website or Tapatalk? On Tapatalk, I can see the forums. On m.radioreference.com, I can see them as well, you just have to tap on "Uniden Forums".

al95

Are you using the mobile website or Tapatalk? On Tapatalk, I can see the forums. On m.radioreference.com, I can see them as well, you just have to tap on "Uniden Forums".

I'm using Tapatalk on my tablet I cannot see the new layout of the Uniden Sub-forums. I can see everything when I go into the RR webite using my tablet. It is much easier to connect using the Tapatalk App. just press a the icon im connected. On my iPod I'm also using tapatalk can see the Uniden Sub-Forums options.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I'm replying from Tapatalk right now, on a Samsung GS4 (Android 4.3) in Tapatalk Pro version 4.4.9. I know they released a new version the other day.. Try updating? Also ensure you are logged in to Tapatalk..

al95

I'm replying from Tapatalk right now, on a Samsung GS4 (Android 4.3) in Tapatalk Pro version 4.4.9. I know they released a new version the other day.. Try updating? Also ensure you are logged in to Tapatalk..

I going to update right now btw can you see the uniden subforums

Jay911

Feed Provider
Yes, I can see them.

On the main page of RR inside Tapatalk, I hit "Browse", which takes me to the forums list.

On that page, I tap "Scanners and Receivers Forums".

On that page, I tap "Uniden Forums".

On that page, I see "Uniden Owner Tech Support", and 7 other forums, and then messages like "PLEASE USE THE NEW UNIDEN SUB-FORUMS".

al95

Re: Uniden forum changes and additions

Thanks for your help updated now can see the sub-forum in the Uniden section

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if this change, with respect to the new posting format for Uniden
has anything to do with making it --a little more difficult-- to find posts
(that are not --negative,--- but simply cogent statements made by sincere customers,
wanting to express there thoughts regarding problems with Uniden products
(ie the 436 being released

"without some of the features"

(a quote from UpMan)

It is clear, and has even been admitted, that the first batch of 436 had issues.

Uniden's response was basically:

The client should have no problem solving these issues by simply
updating firmware. (Not exact quote)

Issue #1

Why release a product, with known issues, and ---making--- the client
work....yes....work.... to solve the issues.

For some people, it really is not as "simple" as stated.

Example: My grandfather would not be able to update the firmware
(without my help) and I am sure there are many others who might have problems.

After all...this is supposed to be a scanner that almost "anyone can use"
immediately out of the box.

Imagine if this "ship it with flaws" procedure was standard protocol on other products --
(not necessarily radio scanners...but other products.

When charging $500.00 for a scanner, I would envision a slightly better quality control,
and a Forum that doesn't -subtlety- hide (my opinion) posts, by changing Uniden
Forum posting to so called -- "sub-forums' --- or classifying posts as "negative"
for handling PR (my opinion only)

This is simply my opinion as a consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I wonder if this change, with respect to the new posting format for Uniden has anything to do with making it --a little more difficult-- to find posts
(that are not --negative,--- but simply cogent statements made by sincere customers,
wanting to express there thoughts regarding problems with Uniden products
No, of course not. It has nothing to do with censorship or creating limitations. It was done purely for organizational purposes.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
RE: The 436 First Batch Multiple Flaws

But I think there is complete agreement that Uniden sent the first batch of units out
knowing problems existed, demonstrating a very poor quality control protocol.

And their solution: is offensive.

And I wonder what relationship, RR has with Uniden (and/or) the designer/patent holder... of the 436/...
and all of their scanner products.

Any other opinion, regarding my --first statement,-- is poignantly naïve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.