New Uniden Scanner (Any Idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
BCD996/Home patrol 2009/2010
436HP released 2013
SDS100 released 2018

I'd suspect no time soon; at least not a few years. BUT who knows, its not the kind of thing they always publish long in advance.

Any Idea's about when Uniden will come out with new scanner
As you know, they never announce anything before it's released.

For now, they have just about everything covered since the SDS series came out, so I'd say it will be a while.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Yea just thinking I have to much time on my hands and though I would post this question, I am still hoping for firmware updates or some tweaks for the SDS100 but who know's if and when that will happen,
Steve

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
With the recently passing of Paul (AKA: Upman), I don't think we'll see much of anything new anytime soon.

Yeah, I'd say finding someone for his position (as opposed to filling his shoes) and getting that person up to speed is their first priority. Then looking toward the next scanner.

Also, what possibly could be done different (new and improved) with scanners without them becoming too pricey

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Also, what possibly could be done different (new and improved) with scanners without them becoming too pricey

One feature I thought about would be auto updates to both firmware and the frequency database. Built in GPS and auto programming based on location. In other words you but a new scanner turn it on connect to your network wired or WiFi and it would login to Uniden and update everything, then it would check your location and configure something along the lines of zip code programming and start scanning!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
personally, I'd be happy if they just came out with some updates and enhancements for the SDS and x 36 HP scanners.
Yea I vote for that too. Lets fix the SDS series scanners before they come out with new scanners, that was the whole reason for having firmware updates feature for scanners to fix these problems.
Steve

Eng74

They seem to go about 4 years between new releases. It’s been 2 since the SDS-100 so maybe another 2 years until something if they are working on anything.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
They seem to go about 4 years between new releases. It’s been 2 since the SDS-100 so maybe another 2 years until something if they are working on anything.
I did not know that hopefully they will come up with some tweaks and upgrades for the SDS Series, It would be great, I am thinking about buying a SDS200 scanner in the near future.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I asked for a cheaper model of the 436-536 and they came with the 996P2-325P2, now I would hope with the economy the way it is and a cheaper model easy to PGRM of the SDS100/200

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Uniden's future has been uncertain long before this pandemic started with the death of their lead product developer who was instrumental in the design of the scanners we love so dearly. Firmware updates haven't been released for any of their product line for a while now. No one knows what the future holds for Uniden. Please let's just enjoy their current products while we still can

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Uniden's future has been uncertain long before this pandemic started with the death of their lead product developer who was instrumental in the design of the scanners we love so dearly. Firmware updates haven't been released for any of their product line for a while now. No one knows what the future holds for Uniden. Please let's just enjoy their current products while we still can
I am enjoying the SDS100 scanner, I have no reason to think that Uniden is going out of business,

Eng74

I asked for a cheaper model of the 436-536 and they came with the 996P2-325P2, now I would hope with the economy the way it is and a cheaper model easy to PGRM of the SDS100/200
There is a good learning curve on programming the BCD*36HP/SDS especially if you are used to the 396/996 programming. Having the favorite, system, and department lines on the SDS gave me the aha moment for programming that I did not have with the BCD*36HP.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
There is a good learning curve on programming the BCD*36HP/SDS especially if you are used to the 396/996 programming. Having the favorite, system, and department lines on the SDS gave me the aha moment for programming that I did not have with the BCD*36HP.
It took me awhile to understand the SDS100 scanner and to program it by hand, also learning to use the Seninel software was a chore, I also have the ARC536PRO Software so it took me awhile to get comfortable with everything. Still have a lot to learn but with the easy manuals out there and all the help from people on RR it made it a lot easier, just wish Uniden was more open with everyone but that's the way they are

Hit_Factor

One feature I thought about would be auto updates to both firmware and the frequency database. Built in GPS and auto programming based on location. In other words you but a new scanner turn it on connect to your network wired or WiFi and it would login to Uniden and update everything, then it would check your location and configure something along the lines of zip code programming and start scanning!
I had Jon put a gps into one of my SDS100. It is fully automatic, just turn on and off service types as needed. Works very well.

99.9% of the time I only monitor Law Enforcement.

Uniden could add auto updates to Sentinel without releasing new scanners. That wouldn't be a big task, since everything needed is already part of the software except a timer or some method of checking when launched for updates.

The direct connect to the internet, as you already surmised, would need to be a new model. I seem to recall something about a SDS500, but there were never any details. Maybe if was a FCC placeholder, if that's even a thing.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
BCD996/Home patrol 2009/2010
436HP released 2013
SDS100 released 2018

I'd suspect no time soon; at least not a few years. BUT who knows, its not the kind of thing they always publish long in advance.

But it was always fun when UPMan would give us "hints" thru his avatar. Speculation would run rampant.

Paul is sorely missed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.