New Uniden SDS100 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

swman

Uniden with a new handheld in the works, the SDS100.
I guess "Wow" pretty much sums it up at this point.

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanners/6100.html

What comes to mind right off the top is will there be NXDN and DMR either out of the box (better be out of the box). Appears its receive coverage also will include HF.

swman

Update : Now the link above has become inactive on Universal Radio's website. I guess this news was a bit premature ?? Hopefully Upman will chime in here with details when ready ??

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'll be interested to see the SDR capability of it. I commented in another thread that SDR tech would be the next logical step for anyone manufacturing a scanner. If it doesn't have a whiz-bang SDR feature that nothing else has it's possibly not going to be any better than SDR devices that will almost certainly be far less expensive.

Getting out the popcorn for this thread, should be entertaining! Let the speculation begin!

troymail

Silent Key

What comes to mind right off the top is will there be NXDN and DMR either out of the box (we hope out of the box) or as options ?? Will its receive coverage also include HF ??

swman

Hmmmm.... It's not April 1st, is it?

If this is real....

New hardware... as I've been saying

...but no mention of DMR or NXDN (still upgrades like the x36?) - even as an option....

I see nothing in this radio that appeals to me such that I'd buy a new scanner from Uniden (particularly after the fiascos of the "flagship" x36 line).... unless there is much more that isn't being talked about here....("starts off with..."). There are certainly needs and expectations that lots of users have been asking for... but I don't see them mentioned....

troymail

Silent Key
These days my first thoughts go to:

- April 1st

- Russian hacking/fake news

Still, this seems real - but even if it is, it certainly seems to lack any information on things most people have been clamoring for...(except maybe the customize color screen)

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully they solved the LSM issues finally if it is real. It does look to be legitimate but there is no link to provided on the site. Just the link posted to the forum which is a little odd. Either way I'm gonna be kinda disappointed if this turned out to be fake.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
UPMan did say late last year they had a new product coming that would be quite exciting....so..... who knows!

If it doesn't have better LSM reception, DMR and NXDN built in.. then it's a no go for me. Plus I'm already cringing at the expectation of the price tag....

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber

What comes to mind right off the top is will there be NXDN and DMR either out of the box (we hope out of the box) or as options ?? Will its receive coverage also include HF ??

swman
Question 1 How did you find this page?
Question 2 If this has NXDN and DMR capabilities then I am very interested?
Question 3 I bet if this is true Uniden is very mad about a leak?

mharris

On Universal website, under "Scanner Receivers", it's shows updated 1/18/2018. This update reflects the addition of this new radio. Yesterday there was no update. I check every day in case you were wondering.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.